Technical Logistics Coordinator, Olympics *temporary role*
- Business Segment: NBC Sports
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
• Liaison to the Paris Organizing Committee (POCOG) and Olympic Broadcast Services (OBS) for logistics support and services provided to NBC
• Support all in country related logistical services and support requirements
• Assist with vendor relations including setting up accounts and verifying invoices
• Work with Sourcing team for equipment needed for special projects, e.g.: forklifts, cranes, specialized material handling equipment, heavy machinery, and labor support
• Assist in local truck fleet management, negotiations, and planning.
• Assist with Team Management and Scheduling
• Organize import, export, and local documentation required to obtain access to Olympic venues for logistics trucks.
• Assist with local compliance requirements for Logistical services
• Track in country budget spend and pacing for all logistical services and support
- Proven experience in logistics, including trucking, freight forwarding air and ocean import/export
- Experience in logistics sporting events or large-scale events management is preferred
- Fluent written and spoken in French and English
- English computer proficient and able to work in Microsoft Office programs & familiar with basic database software preferred
- May be Physically demanding position at times, must be able to lift at least 12 Kilos
- Needs to have a strong ability to understand tasks delegated to them quickly
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills required
- Must be willing to work long days, weekends, and nights and willing to dedicate themselves to the project for the full duration (within proper legal working parameters)
- Valid Driver’s License and willingness to drive a work provided vehicle is preferred
- Strong work ethic, flexibility, adaptability, and willingness to learn/take initiative essential
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment under pressure with tight deadlines, simultaneously handling multiple projects
- Passionate and enthusiastic
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.