Site Reliability Engineer, Peacock, Direct-to-Consumer
- Business Segment: Direct-to-Consumer
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives, coupled with our Corporate Social Responsibility work, is informed by our employees, audiences, park guests and the communities in which we live. We strive to foster a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. Together, we’ll continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world.
Our Direct-to-Consumer (DTC) portfolio is a powerhouse collection of consumer-first brands, supported by media industry leaders, Comcast, NBCUniversal and Sky. When you join our team, you’ll work across our dynamic portfolio including Peacock, NOW, Fandango, SkyShowtime, Showmax, and TV Everywhere, powering streaming across more than 70 countries globally. And the evolution doesn’t stop there. With unequalled scale, our teams make the most out of every opportunity to collaborate and learn from one another. We’re always looking for ways to innovate faster, accelerate our growth and consistently offer the very best in consumer experience. But most of all, we’re backed by a culture of respect. We embrace authenticity and inspire people to thrive.
The Site Reliability Engineer will be part of the Reliability & Performance team and will be responsible for maintaining the networking and infrastructure of the cloud platforms utilized to operate NBC’s Direct-to-Consumer platforms. The SRE will embrace a software-driven approach to operations, managing infrastructure as code, leveraging deployment pipelines, with a focus on automation, observability and resiliency.
- Collaborate with Site Reliability Engineering teammates and Software Delivery teams to determine and implement cloud networking, monitoring, and infrastructure requirements
- Ensure that networks and infrastructure are highly available
- Develop methodologies to safely deploy and test network and infrastructure changes, including customized tests and chaos testing.
- Design, create, and deliver infrastructure, code or services to improve the availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency of our internal or customer-facing services
- Troubleshooting and problem solving
- Participate in code reviews
- Design multi-region/multi-cloud fault-tolerant systems
- Drive DevOps culture across the organization by providing consultancy to delivery teams
- Provide support for operations and delivery teams to remediate production issues as appropriate
- Build cloud-agnostic solutions that can be quickly deployed against a wide variety of cloud computing providers
- Build an effective and efficient remote-working team that spans across different time zones
- Architect and develop custom software solutions
- Participate in a 24/7 on-call rotation
Salary Range: $140,000 - $165,000
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a relevant field
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in a DevOps or Site Reliability Engineering role
- Experience with CDN delivery providers (Akamai, CloudFront, Fastly, Cloudfare)
- Demonstrated experience with large scale 24/7 production environments
- Ability to follow established processes and workflows to ensure that all work is completed following best practices
- Configuration management and Infrastructure as Code (example: Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Terraform, CloudFormation)
- CI/CD (Jenkins / Concourse / GoCD / GitLab)
- Networking (Load Balancing, Routing, Security Groups, VPC, Subnetting)
- Linux (Ubuntu, Debian, CentOS, RedHat)
- Containerization (Docker, Kubernetes, Helm)
- Cloud Platforms (AWS/GCP/Azure)
- Monitoring (Prometheus, Grafana, Nagios)
- Logging (ELK, Splunk, Loki)
- Scripting / System-Programming (Python, Go, Bash, Java, Node)
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered (note job #: )
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- Availability to travel as required
- Experience with a digital media direct-to-consumer business highly preferred.
- Certification in AWS, GCP, or Azure a plus
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, comfortable communicating with technical and non-technical colleagues and executives
- Ability to understand large complex software systems and their interdependencies
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by emailing [email protected].