- Business Segment: Direct-to-Consumer
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives, coupled with our Corporate Social Responsibility work, is informed by our employees, audiences, park guests and the communities in which we live. We strive to foster a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. Together, we’ll continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world.
Our Direct-to-Consumer (DTC) portfolio is a powerhouse collection of consumer-first brands, supported by media industry leaders, Comcast, NBCUniversal and Sky. When you join our team, you’ll work across our dynamic portfolio including Peacock, NOW, Fandango, SkyShowtime, Showmax, and TV Everywhere, powering streaming across more than 70 countries globally. And the evolution doesn’t stop there. With unequalled scale, our teams make the most out of every opportunity to collaborate and learn from one another. We’re always looking for ways to innovate faster, accelerate our growth and consistently offer the very best in consumer experience. But most of all, we’re backed by a culture of respect. We embrace authenticity and inspire people to thrive.
Our streaming video SDK is at the forefront of technology, leveraging modern video codecs, adaptive bitrate streaming, low-latency streaming, and support for live streaming. We ensure seamless playback across various platforms, including web browsers, smart TVs, gaming consoles, and streaming media devices. This compatibility allows us to reach a wide audience and provide exceptional streaming experiences regardless of the device or operating system.
- Design, implement, and document new features for the streaming video SDK, ensuring high-quality code and adherence to coding standards.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams and stakeholders across the organization to gather requirements, understand user needs, and provide technical expertise.
- Continuously improve software performance, scalability, and processes, enhancing the functionality and optimizing the video SDK.
- Provide production support, promptly investigating and resolving incidents, ensuring system stability, and minimizing downtime.
- Deliver regular releases of the streaming video SDK, following established schedules and version control practices.
- Contribute to the maintenance and improvement of existing features, ensuring code integrity, and addressing technical debt.
- Participate in code reviews, contribute to code quality, and actively propose innovative ideas and solutions.
- Actively contribute to the overall improvement of the software development process, proposing and implementing innovative ideas and solutions.
- Two years of experience implementing and delivering commercial software products within an agile development environment, utilizing version control systems such as GitHub and issue tracking tools like Jira.
- Effective communication skills and the ability to collaborate effectively within a distributed global team.
- Knowledge of software testing principles and experience in writing and executing comprehensive test cases.
- Strong problem-solving abilities, with a proactive and analytical mindset to troubleshoot and debug issues efficiently.
- Familiarity with streaming video technologies, protocols, and standards, such as HLS, DASH, and streaming video monitoring tools such as Conviva is a plus.
- Familiarity with video players such as Theo, JW Player, and Shaka Player.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Software Engineering, or a related field, or equivalent practical experience. Experience in game development, embedded or another performance-critical system a plus.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by emailing [email protected].