Financial Accountant EMEA
- Business Segment: Direct-to-Consumer
As one of the world’s premier entertainment portfolios, NBCUniversal International Networks & Direct-to-Consumer delivers quality content and compelling brands to over 160 territories across Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Latin America and Asia Pacific. Delivering a full range of entertainment experiences to local audiences across the globe, the unique brands include UNIVERSAL TV, SYFY, E! Entertainment Television, 13THSTREET, DIVA, Studio Universal, Telemundo, Bravo and DreamWorks. Universal+ (a hybrid linear and non-linear service) aggregates the group’s brands on affiliate platforms, offering subscribers both live programming and an extensive range of compelling VOD content, including territory premieres and full boxsets, available all in one place.
NBCU’s direct-to-consumer activity outside the US includes Hayu, the all-reality SVOD service available in 27 territories – including the UK, Canada and across Europe and Asia Pacific – as well as our, streaming service Peacock, recently launched in the UK, Ireland, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, and Italy.
NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
The Financial Accountant, EMEA is responsible for ensuring the day-to-day accounts and accounting processes are managed to a high standard. This will involve working closely with our outsourced AP & AR providers to ensure accuracy of data, smooth operations, and timely escalations to the Senior Financial Accountant.
- Assist with the month end close process, posting journals as required.
- Liaison with outsourced AP/AR/reporting functions as necessary, especially during month end.
- Support the Senior Financial Accountant with month end and quarterly Balance Sheet Reconciliations and commentary, for review by Financial Controller, EMEA and HQ corporate team.
- Assist in the preparation of annual statutory accounts, including audit liaison.
- Review weekly payment runs
- Weekly forecasting of cash receipts to corporate treasury team and variance commentary as required.
- Manage all queries from internal and external stakeholders through to resolution.
- Overall responsibility for VAT process including reviewing and sign-off of outputs from internal VAT team including VAT returns, ECSL, and foreign VAT claims.
- Review Concur (travel and expense) reporting within the SAP ledger monthly to ensure costs are appropriately allocated to assigned business entity.
- Review and process monthly/quarterly intercompany recharges of the UK entity.
- Purchase order and purchasing hierarchy maintenance.
- Training operational & finance teams on the use of Subledger and SAP systems, raising POs and assist with coding.
- Provide support to FP&A team with both cash flow and P&L forecasting as required.
- Support Senior Financial Accountant with Programming accounting and reviewing contracts. Liaise with Acquisitions team with systems and financial queries.
- Any ad hoc analysis/projects as required for both Finance Controllership and FP&A teams.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Studying towards an accounting qualification (ACCA/CIMA/ACA or equivalent).
- Previous experience of management accounts and reconciliations.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (particularly Excel and PowerPoint).
- A confident and pro-active communicator with the ability to effectively interact with non-finance personnel.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and reconciliation skills.
- The ability to prioritise and manage multiple projects in an often-pressurised environment.
- Comfortable working in a dynamic, changing/growing environment.
- Comfortable in identifying issues and proposing solutions.
- The ability to operate effectively across diverse cultural and business environments.
- A team worker who is good at building strong working relationships.
- Must have the right to work in the UK
- Experience of working with outsourced teams.
- Experience of working with General Ledger and Consolidation systems, SAP/BPC/ Business Warehouse experience.
- Strong interest in the media industry and television business.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.