Principal Product Designer, Content Discovery, DTC
- Business Segment: Direct-to-Consumer
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
Our Direct-to-Consumer (DTC) portfolio is a powerhouse collection of consumer-first brands, supported by media industry leaders, Comcast, NBCUniversal and Sky. When you join our team, you'll work across our dynamic portfolio including Peacock, NOW, Fandango, SkyShowtime, Showmax, and TV Everywhere, powering streaming across more than 70 countries globally. And the evolution doesn't stop there. With unequalled scale, our teams make the most out of every opportunity to collaborate and learn from one another. We're always looking for ways to innovate faster, accelerate our growth and consistently offer the very best in consumer experience. But most of all, we're backed by a culture of respect. We embrace authenticity and inspire people to thrive.
What We’re Looking For:
Peacock, NBCUniversal’s streaming service, is seeking a Principal Product Designer to evolve and elevate the experience of watching entertainment, live events, kids, news, and sports content in and out of the home. As part of the product team, you’ll focus on user-centered design principles and a “don’t make me think” understanding of usability to concept and create UX/UI solutions across TV platforms across the globe.
About the Team
The Content Discovery team is small but mighty, powering the Peacock UX/UI experiences for the entire Viewing product. We're passionate about best-in-class design, complex user problems, and data-driven solutions that work for all, not just some. We help fans discover new favorites and find the content they love, faster. If you’ve browsed it, we’ve designed it.
Who You Are
- You are a seasoned designer with relentlessly high standards and deep operational knowledge and expertise in every aspect of UX and product design.
- You are thoughtful and like to learn. You are fully versed in consumer digital product best practices, technologies, and tools.
- You look at the data and listen to the voice of the consumer.
- You identify the most impactful concepts and push them through a rigorous course of critical evaluation, execution, implementation, experimentation, and release.
- You are a storyteller and strong communicator, able to articulate your point-of-view and engage in fact-based discourse.
- You think outside of the box creatively and is capable of executing innovative creative ideas for product and/or user experience enhancement.
- You can speak to best practices, market strategies, competitor standards.
- You are scrappy, driven, and the natural owner of both big ideas and practical daily output.
- You feel most at home in a fast-paced, iterative, and collaborative environment.
- You are fluid and adaptable—able to work on multiple tracks and pivot from one project to another.
What You’ll Do:
- Deliver production-ready UX designs in alignment with overarching business and UX goals for both domestic and international audiences.
- Identifies actionable insights and ensures they align with the long-term design and product strategy.
- Drives stakeholder and leadership alignment around research insights and design decisions.
- Rapidly drive progress of existing work (experience designs, UX guides, information architecture, visual designs) to project completion
- Collaborate with larger UX team in ideation and concept explorations throughout projects lifecycles facilitating and driving UX solutions, discussions and planning while maintaining project oversight, until project completion
- Maintain a critical eye and an obsessive attention to detail.
- Lead others. Grow talent. Provide creative direction and mentorship to designers and define patterns and practices for the team and the product.
- Shares findings with fellow designers and captures findings in visual form. Ensures designs will align with long-term design and product strategy.
- Degree in design, computer science, human factors or equivalent work experience
- Design professional with 10 or more years of relevant work experience
- Proven experience as design leader with ability to direct others through creative process
- Ability to clearly communicate design solutions to stakeholders.
- Understanding of interaction design principles
- Demonstrable fluency with Sketch, Figma, invision, abstract, framer.
- Has experience in and knowledge of UX/prototyping development and motion graphics best practices.
- Excellent collaborative skills with critical thinking and creative problem solving abilities
- Ability to operate independently and manage multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment
- Strong portfolio of solid web, mobile and multi-media required
- Deep knowledge of cross-platform usability standards and UI specifications.
- Understanding of platforms like Roku, Fire TV, Samsung, Apple TV, X1, etc.
- Experience designing for accessibility and international audiences.
This position is eligible for company sponsored benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Careers website. Salary range: $170,000 - $240,000
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.