Technical Project Manager, Global Streaming Technology
- Business Segment: Direct-to-Consumer
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
Our Direct-to-Consumer (DTC) portfolio is a powerhouse collection of consumer-first brands, supported by media industry leaders, Comcast, NBCUniversal and Sky. When you join our team, you'll work across our dynamic portfolio including Peacock, NOW, Fandango, SkyShowtime, Showmax, and TV Everywhere, powering streaming across more than 70 countries globally. And the evolution doesn't stop there. With unequalled scale, our teams make the most out of every opportunity to collaborate and learn from one another. We're always looking for ways to innovate faster, accelerate our growth and consistently offer the very best in consumer experience. But most of all, we're backed by a culture of respect. We embrace authenticity and inspire people to thrive.
Technical Project Manager, Global Streaming Technology
The Technical Project Manager, GST, will be responsible for the successful delivery of enterprise level projects in support of the Peacock streaming product, specifically in the area of Content and Metadata. This position requires strong analytic and communication skills, the ability to influence tech stakeholders and manage delivery of complex projects across a large ecosystem and role matrix. In order to succeed, a candidate should exhibit a keen ability to understand technology principles and agile delivery. Also important is the ability to establish and maintain key relationships within business and technology groups, and to interact with exec-level leaders and partners.
- Lead and partner across workstreams to support stakeholder communications & project status
- Lead and partner with business, product & developer workstreams to execute technology deliverables
- Partner with other PMO and Delivery teams to ensure successful delivery within business expectations and requirements
- Provide clear and consistent communication of project level status for leadership, project sponsors, and stakeholders
- Engage and support executive stakeholders through plan preparation, status updates, risk planning and objective-based meetings
- Proactively identify and manage risks, issues, and dependencies and develop plans to escalate and mitigate them
- Utilize enterprise project management tools such as JIRA, Confluence, Smartsheet and other applications to provide project status and reporting, while adhering to PMO processes, documentation standards, and governance models
- Support planning activities to deliver maximum business value based on critical program KPIs
- Partner with Architects and Workstream Leads to ensure consistent and accurate project scoping, cost-benefit analysis, and level of effort assessments
- Effectively prioritize critical path activities to ensure on-time delivery
- Partner across the business to identify and secure resources required to execute plans and manage internal and external assigned resources
- Coordinate and manage change control in adherence to PMO standards
3+ years' experience leading complex technology delivery projects, building effective plans, and executing them to completion
- Strong knowledge of project & program management and communication skills, attention to detail, and the ability to clearly and concisely articulate complex concepts for a variety of audiences
- Key understanding of technology principles and work methods (Agile, Waterfall, etc)
- Working knowledge of PM and tech working platforms such as JIRA, Confluence, Smartsheet and others
- Ability to take complex technology discussions and break them down for non-technical groups
- Strong leadership skills with the proven ability to coordinate and influence team members from multiple internal departments and external vendors
- Ability to effectively present ideas and communicate with senior leadership
- Ability to manage risk and maintain clear visibility across the program for all components
- Strong character exhibiting company core values: Integrity, Creativity, Teamwork, Pioneering Spirit, and Ownership
- Proven ability to work with global teams with diverse backgrounds, business objectives, and time zone constraints
- Ability and desire to continually learn about new technologies, project management methodologies, and adapt to ever-changing business and industry needs
- Adaptable performer who can lead effectively under pressure and through significant change
- Culture carrier with strong leadership skills to drive, deliver, develop and inspire
- Results-oriented with initiative to work until job is complete
- Familiar with data management and transfer protocols and ability to communicate with Engineers to drive work at the program level
- Experience within streaming, media or content supply chain is a plus
- Experience delivering large scale projects with interdependencies and critical delivery dates
This position is eligible for company sponsored benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Careers website.
Compensation range: $120,000 - $150,000; Bonus & LTI Eligible
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.