Sr. Director, Product Management, Peacock Commerce, Acquisition
- Business Segment: Direct-to-Consumer
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service. Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
Welcome to Peacock, the dynamic new streaming service from NBCUniversal. Here you’ll find more than a job. You’ll find a fast-paced, high-performance team of incredible colleagues that want to be at the epicenter of technology, sports, news, tv, movies and more. We work hard to connect people to what they love, each other and the world around them by creating shared experiences through culture-defining entertainment.
As a company, we embrace the power of difference. Our team is committed to creating an organization that champions diversity and inclusivity for all by curating content and a workforce that represents the world around us. We continue to challenge ourselves and the industry by being customer-centric, data-driven creatures of innovation. At Peacock, we are determined to forge the next frontier of streaming through creativity, teamwork, and talent.
As Sr. Director, Product Management on our Peacock Commerce team, you will conceive, define, design, develop, test, and launch vivid and compelling experiences that are contextually relevant, exceedingly useful, and curiously entertaining.
What we’re looking for in a candidate:
- You are a seasoned product leader with a proven track-record of end-to-end ownership and delivery of consumer-facing digital products — in particular, success with customer acquisition journeys, website optimization and content management systems (streaming services a plus).
- You have experience leading teams and consider mentorship one of your key abilities — acting as a force-multiplier, building product teams and growing talent.
- You are a systems thinker, capable of identifying issues, understanding linkages and brainstorming revolutionary solutions.
- You weigh strategic vision with deliverability and can properly balance the two.
- You have relentlessly high standards, deep operational knowledge and expertise in every aspect of digital product development and commerce.
- You use tools, technologies, established best practices, and your own experience-based methods to define product vision and requirements.
- You understand the data and represent the voice of the consumer.
- You identify the most impactful concepts and push them through a rigorous course of critical evaluation, execution, implementation, experimentation, success (or failure).
- You are a strong communicator, able to articulate your point-of-view, engage in fact- based discourse, collaborate, compromise, and bridge gaps.
- You are scrappy — focused, driven, and the natural owner of both big ideas and practical daily output — and feel most at home in a fast-paced, iterative, and collaborative environment.
- You are fluid and adaptable — able to work on multiple tracks and pivot from one project to another.
What you will do:
- Develop and own a roadmap of high-value, consumer-centric digital features and products focused on acquisition journeys, peacocktv.com and content management for web, mobile devices, connected devices and smart TVs.
- Use qualitative and quantitative data to define requirements.
- Present vision, strategy, work product, insights, and KPIs to stakeholders at every level of the organization.
- Collaborate with other product owners, designers, and engineers to successfully deliver products to market. Build, test, learn, and increment.
- Balance inputs from business, design, research, technology, and external teams. Create a network of cross-functional partners. Build rapport and earn trust.
- Define and evangelize best practices. Collaborate on the planning and building of scalable and extensible tools and resources.
- Lead and mentor others, providing strategic direction, thought leadership, and inspiration to product managers and members of the wider product team.
- Minimum 7 years owning the end-to-end development lifecycle — incubating, developing, delivering, and scaling digital subscription products
- Minimum 2 years leading product management teams required; 4 years preferred.
- MS in business, technical field or equivalent work experience preferred
- Readiness to share a presentation of case studies of digital product
- Experience in Content Management Systems best practices, template creation and SEO
- Experience with e-commerce and experimentation to optimize acquisition journeys
- Experience conducting multi-variate testing, as well as assessing results and providing recommendations
- Experience developing landing pages for the web and shipping apps to iOS or Android
- Experience with entertainment platforms: tvOS, Fire TV, Roku, etc.
- Expertise in rapid deployment and experimentation: metrics, analytics, A/B testing, user testing, and market research
- Experience working in an agile software development environment
- Close familiarity with common project management tools such as Jira as well as testing tools such as Optimizely or Mixpanel.
- Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or must undergo regular COVID-19 testing if Company determines your job position requires accessing an NBCUniversal worksite.
- Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocol
Hybrid: This position has been designated as hybrid, generally contributing from the office a minimum of three days per week.
This position is eligible for company sponsored benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Careers website. Salary range: $195,000 - $250,000; bonus and long-term incentive eligible
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.