NBC Sports Group Finance Internships - Summer 2023
- Business Segment: NBC Sports
See yourself at NBCU! Be a part of our intern community, a diverse group of curious and passionate trailblazers who we believe are the future of our industry.
The NBCUniversal Internship Program allows students to unlock their potential by contributing to big projects in meaningful ways that matter. To thrive as an NBCU intern, you are ready to bring your passion for media, entertainment, and technology along with your desire to learn each day.
Your professional development is important to us. NBCU interns receive career prep, leadership exposure, connection to other interns, networking, and of course, all the fun you can imagine along the way.
To meet students where they are, we will host summer internships in both a virtual and in-person format. Opportunities listed will either be in-person (requiring an intern to work from an NBCU office location 3-5 days per week) based on the location mentioned or virtual, depending on business needs.
In addition to all of our internships being paid, we will also offer the following for our Summer 2023 interns:
- Paid company holidays for full-time interns.
- Robust networking, learning and development opportunities for all interns, whether in-person or virtual.
- Financial assistance to offset expenses for transportation and housing may be available on a needs-based basis for eligible in-person interns. More details about eligibility for this assistance will be provided at the time of offer.
Summer 2023 Internship Program:
- Applications Close: February 3, 2023 at 11:59pm ET. Pro Tip: Submit your application as soon as possible – don't delay!
- Program Dates: June 5 – August 11, 2023
- Time Commitment: 40 hours per week. Exact schedule to be determined based on business need.
Submit a one-page resume that outlines your work experience, accomplishments, and your graduation month and year.
Submit a cover letter that highlights your passion for NBCUniversal, the locations (listed below) you are open to for internships, and your top areas of interest (opportunities listed below).
Upload a transcript (unofficial transcripts are fine) that confirms your status as an actively enrolled student in a degree-granting program.
NBC Sports Group
NBC Sports connects people to the moments that matter most and serves sports fans 24/7 with premier live events, insightful studio shows, and compelling original programming. The sports media company presents premier content across linear platforms NBC, USA Network, Golf Channel, and Olympic Channel: Home of Team USA, as well numerous digital sites, including Peacock. It also consists of NBC Sports Next, a subdivision of NBC Sports and home to all NBCUniversal digital applications in sports and technology within its three groups: Youth & Recreational Sports, Golf, and Betting & Gaming. NBC Sports possesses an unparalleled collection of media rights agreements, partnering with some of the most prestigious sports properties in the world: the International Olympic Committee and United States Olympic and Paralympic Committee, the NFL, NASCAR, INDYCAR, PGA TOUR, Notre Dame, The R&A, PGA of America, USGA, Churchill Downs, Premier League, Tour de France, Roland-Garros, and many more.
NBC Sports Next
NBC Sports Next is a subdivision of NBC Sports and home to all NBCUniversal digital applications in sports and technology within its three groups: Youth & Recreational Sports, Golf, and Betting, Gaming & Emerging Media. NBC Sports Next is fueled by its mission to innovate, create larger-than-life events and connect with sports fans through technology to provide the ultimate in immersive experiences.
Areas of placement may include, but are not limited to:
- Enterprise Portfolio Management (EPM) – this team sits within the overall Finance & Business Operations department is responsible for managing all key strategic initiatives for NBC Sports Next. An intern will carry out various duties and will play an integral part in supporting and project managing key initiatives, ensuring critical documentation is up to date, and generally supporting the rest of the finance and business operations teams from a project management perspective
- Must be actively enrolled in a degree-granting program at an accredited institution during the length of the program.
- Current class standing of sophomore or above (30 credits).
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship by NBCUniversal.
- Must be willing to work in Minneapolis, MN.
- Students with class standing of junior or above preferred.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above.
- Business and economic education background.
The hourly rate for undergraduate student interns is $16.50.
The hourly rate for graduate student interns is $18.00.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.