- Business Segment: NBC Sports
BRS Golf Ltd, a division of NBC Sports Next, is an innovative technology company that powers solutions for golfers and golf courses to better connect. At BRS Golf our golf club management software and services help our customers increase their rounds and revenue and manage their business operations. One of our brands GolfNow.com is the world’s largest online tee time marketplace, used by over 3.5 million golfers worldwide.
From our award-winning international HQ offices in Belfast, we are driving forward and reshaping an entire industry, building innovative new web based and mobile products, and assisting golf course operators across Europe and South Africa to manage a profitable and sustainable businesses.
We take pride in offering an exceptional team member experience with generous benefits and perks designed to offer financial security, support wellbeing and enhance work life balance. Learn more about working with BRS Golf via www.brsgolf.com/web/careers.
This is a great opportunity to advance your career and be a part of an exciting business with plans for significant future growth.
The Director of Product will work with the product and technology leadership team, consisting of the VP of Product and Technology and the other Director of Product, to implement the strategy and vision for our golf technology products and services going forward. Based in our Belfast offices (with hybrid working options available), this role will lead a highly visible and critical team to continually evaluate, enhance, evolve and deliver our product offering and related services and programs.
Candidates must be self-motivated and continually look to evolve and lead their team to perform at its highest level, while identifying innovative product opportunities to grow our business.
In undertaking the main responsibilities of the role, the Director of Product will:
- Deliver and manage the entire product development process for assigned products, from conception to rollout, by managing the respective product managers, software engineers and designers.
- Define and own the product roadmap for assigned products and manage product teams in the fulfillment of this roadmap. Timeously and concisely present the roadmap to all stakeholders.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to define the product roadmap for assigned products and have full ownership in managing product teams in the fulfillment of this roadmap, providing regular and timely updates to stakeholder group on progress
- Collaborate with product leadership to evaluate and improve the product development process.
- Monitor market trends and the competitive landscape to identify opportunities and threats.
- Manage the collection of customer research. Generate insights from this research and communicate these insights to the product team.
- Provide direction, engage with stakeholders and lead the efforts of the product team in defining and executing product requirements. Ensure;
- The product purpose is clearly defined.
- The product feature list is compiled.
- The release criteria for production is expressed and comprehensive.
- Released products meet the initial product requirements.
- Design and deliver the product architecture to meet the needs of the feature list, with consideration to the overall product design.
- Understand the key technological and architectural components of all products to recommend solutions and drive development efforts.
- Create a working environment and culture which encourages teamwork, positive energy and innovation.
It is essential that candidates have:
- A degree in a relevant discipline (e.g. Software Development, Technology, Business)
- 7 years’ experience of product ownership Including overall responsibility for the entire product development process, operating at a leadership level and/or managing and leading a team.
- A track record of success in having primary ownership and responsibility for the product development process.
- Experience in managing projects across cross-functional teams of internal and external resources.
- A strong technical background and proven ability to proactively collaborate with software engineering colleagues.
- Ability to transform business and design needs into product requirements, and to develop plans to generate usage and revenue around new and evolving products.
- Experience accessing and analyzing web analytics (i.e. Google Analytics, Omniture, etc.)
- Ability to generate wirefames and page/process flow diagrams using Visio, Hotgloo or other similar tools.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and team leadership abilities as well as the capacity to work with cross-functional teams to accomplish overall project goals.
- Strong organizational, planning, analytical and communication skills.
Additional skills and experience that would be desirable:
- Experience with golf club operations and/or golf club technology products.
- Experience of working across multiple regions and engaging with geographically dispersed and remote based teams.
- An interest in and passion for the game of golf.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.