Manager, SEO, Peacock
- 30 Rockefeller Plaza, New York, NEW YORK
- Business Segment: Direct-to-Consumer
Welcome to Peacock, the dynamic new streaming service from NBCUniversal. Here you’ll find more than a job. You’ll find a fast-paced, high-flying team for unique birds that want to be at the epicenter of technology, sports, news, tv, movies and more. Our flock works hard to connect people to what they love, each other and the world around them by creating shared experiences through culture-defining entertainment.
As a company, we embrace the power of difference. Our team is committed to creating an organization that champions diversity and inclusivity for all by curating content and a workforce that represents the world around us. We continue to challenge ourselves and the industry by being customer-centric, data-driven creatures of innovation. At Peacock, we are determined to forge the next frontier of streaming through creativity, teamwork, and talent.
Here you can fly to new heights!
NBC Sports is seeking an SEO Manager to lead the editorial and technical SEO strategies across NBCSports.com and other company-related websites. This person will work with internal and external teams to ensure proper indexing, maximize website performance, improve search rankings and increase quality traffic.
The ideal candidate will have experience identifying opportunities and executing editorial strategies across multiple verticals. They are comfortable partnering closely with engineers and product leads to ensure technical SEO best practices are in place, and that new site updates and features are following Google’s guidelines.
- Website migration - end-to-end support from design to launch to reporting (URL architecture, redirect mapping, content optimization, QA, etc).
- Ensure articles and landing pages do not have structural errors and are being properly crawled and indexed by search engines.
- Perform regular technical audits and monitor crawl data. Identify enhancement opportunities, bugs, and fixes, and work with product colleagues to define and prioritize them against existing opportunities.
- Monitor competitors in the sports and news space, identifying technical aspects of their sites and how they perform in Google Search/News/Discover.
- Serve as subject matter expert and go-to contact for editors seeking answers on all things related to Search.
- Recommend optimization strategies and SEO playbooks ahead of key news and sporting events. Maintain a calendar of priority sports, monitor seasonal trends as well as breaking trends, and regularly meet with key editorial leads to share search insights.
- Build and maintain evergreen content across NBC Sports, and proactively recommend content refreshes and new evergreen stories.
- Provide monthly reporting and post-event analysis on NBC Sports search performance, highlighting trends in Google Search, Google Discover, and Google News.
- Conduct regular training and provide best practice guidance on all aspects related to SEO.
- At least 4 years of SEO experience at a major news operation or an agency with a focus on news and large editorial websites.
- Ability to naturally interface between technical and non-technical stakeholders, to help advocate the impact of technical SEO work.
- Experience working closely with sports news editors and reporters and developing training materials for multiple audiences.
- Experience with leading SEO Tools: Google Analytics/Search Console, Botify, Adobe, Semrush, NewszDash, and other news-focused data tools.
- Basic knowledge of all major sports, a plus
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.