- 100 Universal City Plaza, Universal City, CALIFORNIA
- Business Segment: Operations & Technology
NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies; specializing in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal's affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The Senior Accountant is an integral part of the Operations & Technology (O&T) Accounting team, reporting to the Senior Director of Accounting. The O&T accounting team services a wide range of businesses from technology/engineering to production/office locations on the east and west coast. This role will be responsible for assisting with accounting aspects of the various businesses. The position requires a strong understanding of accounting/finance and the ability to partner with the O&T leaders, as well as NBCUniversal’s various business units.
- Responsible for the coordination and/or preparation of monthly/quarterly close deliverables
- Prepare/review account reconciliations on a monthly/quarterly basis and in accordance with NBCU Account Reconciliation policy.
- Assist in preparation/review of journal entries and review/analysis of general ledger and financial statements.
- Manage the accounting for more than 80 Operating / Capital leases ensuring compliance with ASC 842, which will include a system implementation.
- Lead accountant for a set lighting manufacturing business
- Manage O&T’s multiple bank accounts
- Manage monthly expense reporting (T&E, Pcard, Black Car & Mobile)
- Assist in preparing monthly / quarterly presentations for senior executives and leaders
- Drive controllership function and ensure all accounting policies are strictly adhered to.
- Complete ad-hoc reporting, analysis, and other special projects for all departments.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience with Controllership and Accounting functions
- Must be proficient with MS Office Suite products - particularly Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- CPA preferred
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com
- Must be willing to work overtime when required
- Must be willing to work in Los Angeles, CA
- Must be willing to take drug test and submit to a background investigation
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with all levels of finance, operations, and senior management
- Demonstrated background and knowledge of US GAAP and SOX
- Prior experience in accounting and/or financial management in a P&L environment
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent attention to detail and willingness to take initiative, self-starter
- Positive and professional attitude, team player
- Strong computer skills including Excel, PowerPoint, SAP/AOE/BPC or other financial systems
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.