- 100 Universal City Plaza, Universal City, CALIFORNIA
- Business Segment: Parks & Resorts
Each day Universal Studios Hollywood creates unforgettable experiences for our guests from around the world. We bring to life the ultimate Hollywood experience with our real working movie studio and heart-pounding rides, shows and attractions that put you inside some of the world’s most popular movies and TV shows. USH offers something for everyone from thrill seekers to movie lovers to family fun for all ages. Our Team Members are passionate individuals who create memorable moments whether it’s on the studio lot, or in our conference rooms, theaters, or kitchens. We believe in the talent of our team members. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives our business to succeed in everything we do across the park. We believe in a culture of family and fun, here you can make a difference and build your career!
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
Responsible for assisting the Attraction Manager and Assistant Manager with the daily supervisory leadership of the Attraction and Ride Operators
- Supervises daily operation of Attractions and provides and ensures that exemplary guest service and theming is maintained at all times.
- Supervises all hourly staff and provides work direction, performance reviews, and coaching to team members.
- Maintains the operational efficiency of attraction during park hours and seasonal/special events.
- Lead workforce planning, reward and recognition planning, Team Member events, and TSAT action planning.
- Develop and implements programs to improve Guest and Team Member satisfaction. Ensure appropriate and timely investigation and responses to Guest and Team Member concerns.
- Ensures daily operating logs and Team Member records are accurately maintained.
- Ensures that all safety procedures are understood and followed by providing up to date safety training to all employees.
- Coordinates, reviews and approves weekly Team Member Schedules.
- Ensures that collective bargaining agreements are upheld by partnering with HR and Labor Relations to maintain positive union relationships.
- Acts as EHS Safety Team representative for Team members.
- Acts as crisis management including guests’ and Team Member Medical/Emergency situations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Minimum 2 years of Attraction Management/Team Leadership experience managing a team of 20+
- Must be available to work on weekends, holidays and nights as required.
- Able to work outdoors in varying weather conditions and walking/traveling to multiple venues throughout the day
- Lead/Trainer experience for one year preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Power Point, and Excel
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Operations, or Hospitality is highly preferred
- Strong written and verbal skills to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization
- Theme Park Operations knowledge
- Experience managing in a union environment
- Strong interpersonal and analytical skills
- Proactive thinker/self-starter
- Able to prioritize work-load and have the ability to multi-task in a fast paced work environment
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.