Assistant Manager Attractions (Super Nintendo World)
- 100 Universal City Plaza, Universal City, CA
- Business Segment: Parks & Resorts
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
- Partners with Creative and Technical Services in pre-opening period and ride test cycling as well as ongoing post-opening assessment for potential change/improvement items.
- Assists Talent Acquisition team for assurance most qualified candidates are hired/trained prior to grand opening and all training programs are maintained.
- Acts as EHS Safety Team representative for the Team Members.
- Supports artistic and thematic integrity of attractions.
- Ensures that collective bargaining agreements are upheld by partnering with HR and Labor Relations to maintain positive union relationships.
- Creates sustained partnership with Labor Support and Scheduling teams for Team Member schedules
- Maintain both labor and non-labor departmental budgets for Mario Kart™ and Land interactives. Develops operating budgets and adjusts as necessary to identify and control targets.
- Maintains the operational efficiency AHC/THC of attractions during park hours and seasonal/special events.
- Crisis management including Guests’ and Team Members Medical/Emergency situations.
- Supervises all hourly staff and provides direction, performance reviews, and coaching to Team Members.
- Creates and implements action plans for the department’s future success including training programs, workforce planning, and rewards and recognition programs.
• Must be available to work on weekends, holidays and nights as required.
• Must have excellent written and verbal skills
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office programs
• Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
• Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or adhere to enhanced protocols in select work settings or where jurisdictionally mandated.
• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Operations, or Hospitality is highly preferred.
• Ride/Attraction opening experience preferred.
• Proven ability to work well under pressure, meeting tight deadlines, and managing multiple projects.
• Experience managing in a union environment.
• Proactive thinker/self-starter able to provide realistic solutions to challenging situations
Strong guest service experience with conflict resolution.
Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
Able to prioritize workload and have the ability to multi-task in a fast paced work environment.
Demonstrates sound judgment and independent thinking as well as an ability to troubleshoot
Detail-oriented and organized with the ability to work seamlessly within a broader team to achieve desired results.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.