Sr. Financial Analyst - FP&A required
- 10 Universal City Plaza, Universal City, CALIFORNIA
- Business Segment: Universal Brand Development
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
Universal Brand Development Overview:
Universal Brand Development globally drives expansion of the company's intellectual properties, franchises, characters and stories through innovative physical and digital products, content, and consumer experiences. Along with franchise brand management, Universal Brand Development's core businesses include Consumer Products and Games and Digital Platforms based on the company's extensive portfolio of intellectual properties created by Universal Pictures, Illumination and DreamWorks Animation. Universal Brand Development is part of NBCUniversal, a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation. www.universalbranddevelopment.com.
Universal Brand Development is committed to leading transformation by attracting and retaining a diverse workforce of the highest caliber. We are committed to celebrating diversity, fostering inclusive, equitable environments by honoring the experiences, perspective, and uniqueness of each individual.
The Senior Financial Analyst is a key member of the America’s Consumer Products Finance team. Their primary role will be to partner with Category (Toys, Fashion & Living, Consumables) and support with detail financial analysis, focusing on optimizing revenue and margin growth.
- Key contributor supporting all financial cycles: Annual Budget, Quarterly Forecasts / Pacings, Long Range Planning and Quarterly Close. Reporting results out in a consistent manner. Actively participate and prepare business review presentations to senior leadership
- Assist and review licensee forecasts submissions and data reconciliations
- Partner with business / category teams to provide support on deal financial analysis, help develop new business models and decision support for potential business expansion / margin growth
- Involved with special projects and other duties, e.g., Global / Regional Dashboards
- Help identify, test, and roll out new processes, procedures, and opportunities for operational improvement
- Partner with various teams (e.g., Category, Marketing, Operations, IT) to execute key business initiatives and process enhancements
• Bachelors Degree in Finance or related field
• Minimum 3-4 years’ experience in FP&A required
• Advanced Microsoft Excel proficiency and experience with SAP is a big plus
• Ability to interact with all levels of management
• General accounting knowledge required
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered.
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
• Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or adhere to enhanced protocols in select work settings or where jurisdictionally mandated.
• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
- • Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- •Language skills is a big plus (Spanish / Portuguese)
- • Strong analytical skills, capable of delivering detailed, accurate information in a fast-paced environment
- • Must be a team player and be able to work with a variety of personalities and stakeholders
- • Highly organized with great attention to detail
- • Ability to link financial results to performance drivers and able to concisely communicate findings to all levels of the organization
- • Self starter and has a proactive approach to problem solving
- • Strong work ethic and follow through
- • Ability to multi-task and prioritize work assignments and work well under pressure
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.