- Av. Paseo de la Reforma 115, Lomas - Virreyes, Lomas de Chapultepec, Miguel Hidalgo, 11000 Ciudad de México, CDMX, Mexico
- Business Segment: Telemundo Enterprises
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
The Senior EHS Manager provides oversight, guidance, and support to EHS Staff as they work with assigned NBCUniversal Telemundo Enterprises productions to ensure compliance with all applicable company, federal, state, local and/or international environmental, occupational safety and health policies, rules and regulations.
This role partners closely with Physical Production, Corporate EHS, Labor Relations, Legal, Risk Management, Security, Human Resources and outside agencies to ensure the company is compliant and taking the necessary steps to establish a safe production work environment. This role will report to Regional EHS director.
- Oversee all EHS staff and production EHS liaisons (Domestic and LATAM) and review significant accident, incident, event, and emergency investigations conducted by EHS staff to ensure a consistent application of company policies across all productions and evaluate whether these policies are effective and in accordance with applicable laws and regulations; present Injury and Illness data at physical production executive meetings identifying key findings as it relates to trends, root causes, etc.
- Provide strong and effective leadership to Production EHS Staff, managing the day-to-day operations of the department, including budgeting, resource allocation, and recruitment and development of team.
- Effectively communicate with all levels of cast, crew, physical production executives and EHS staff to develop and establish short and long-term health & safety goals.
- Lead partnership with production teams to complete hazard evaluations for production safety high risk operations (Pyrotechnics, drones operation, aircraft operations, working at heights Including ladders & scaffolds, Genie / Telescoping / Articulating lifts, Hot Work, SFX/Pyrotechnics, Firearms, working under water, etc.)
- On cases reportable to the US Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) or other regulatory agencies, ensure that EHS staff addresses cases with production representatives and regulatory agencies to resolve identified issues in a satisfactory and timely manner.
- Review and develop EHS programs and provide EHS training for a variety of groups as applicable.
- Provide technical production EHS support for other business units as needed in Miami and LATAM.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- EDUCATION: Minimum of 10 years of Environmental Health and Safety experience at a large company with a diverse portfolio of business locations and settings. Minimum of 3 years supporting production environment (media, entertainment or film preferred). Minimum of 3 years of people management experience.
- Hands-On Auditing and Audit Management Experience: 5+ years of experience required for EHS compliance and management system auditing and audit management.
- Regulatory Understanding and Interpretation: Experience understanding, interpreting, and applying applicable EHS regulations, both US and international, to various work environments.
- Management System: Direct day to day oversight of EHS professional team, EHS management system maintenance, strategic planning, scheduling, internal and external communications, performance measurement, conformance validation, EHS Standards implementation, inspections and audits, corrective action plans, training and presentations, liaise with cross functional business lines.