- 100 Universal City Plaza, Universal City, CALIFORNIA
- Business Segment: Parks & Resorts
Each day Universal Studios Hollywood creates unforgettable experiences for our guests from around the world. We bring to life the ultimate Hollywood experience with our real working movie studio and heart-pounding rides, shows and attractions that put you inside some of the world’s most popular movies and TV shows. USH offers something for everyone from thrill seekers to movie lovers to family fun for all ages. Our Team Members are passionate individuals who create memorable moments whether it’s on the studio lot, or in our conference rooms, theaters, or kitchens. We believe in the talent of our team members. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives our business to succeed in everything we do across the park. We believe in a culture of family and fun, here you can make a difference and build your career!
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
The Catering Sous Chef reports directly to the Catering Chef for USH. They will be responsible for assisting with the planning, production and execution of all foods for catered and special events. The Sous Chef should possess the ability to create and foster a cohesive team while demonstrating organizational, planning, delegation, mentoring and coaching skills.
- Proper and consistent production of all food products.
- Maintain appropriate pars for Catering
- Ensure compliance with all local, state and federal laws regarding food quality, safety, labor, employment, and Union guidelines, as well as Company policies and procedures.
- Support the employee and guest satisfaction programs and ensures the staff understands the importance of the programs
- Supervise all hourly staff and Seasonal Supervisory staff, provides work direction, performance reviews, and coaching to team
- Ensure company compliance with Union contracts regarding employee work conditions, maintaining discipline and replacing open shifts
- Completion of administrative responsibilities for the department to include review of team member schedules, daily operational work plans, cleanliness and sanitation checklists
- Mentors and counsels team members and enforce appropriate policies and procedures ensuring compliance of departmental standards.
- Responsible for supervising Team Member’s workflow, setting leadership standards, and guiding work locations efficiency. Builds internal relationships ensure our employees are exceeding expectations.
- Observes, critiques, and adjusts the daily functions of both departmental personnel and standard operating procedures to provide quality guest service.
- Acts as Environmental Health & Safety Team representative for the employees.
- Uphold projected labor budget. Adjust operations as necessary to budget, including weekly work schedules.
- Maintain a clean, safe and professional work environment.
- Ensure proper training of new hires is upheld to the content of the training materials.
- Ensure the workforce is trained and proficient at assigned tasks.
- Lead workforce planning, reward and recognition planning, employee events, and employee satisfaction action planning.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or GED required
- Culinary knowledge & formal training required
- Minimum 3 years management & experience managing a team
- Must be available to work on weekends, holidays and nights in varying weather conditions.
- Demonstrates good judgment and a strong sense of ethics in deciding how to respond to internal Team Members and external customers’ (guests) concerns and issues while keeping company business models in mind
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.