Senior Financial Analyst, Film
- 100 Universal City Plaza, Universal City, CA
- Business Segment: Filmed Entertainment Group
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
Senior Financial Analyst, Accounting and Reporting, participates in the day-to-day operations of the Film Headquarters Controllership team, and will assist in a wide range of accounting, finance and consolidation matters for the Filmed Entertainment Segment, including supporting financial reporting obligations to NBCUniversal Corporate and external parties. The role is in a fast-paced headquarters environment, interfaces with teams domestically and internationally, and has opportunities for growth.
- Assist in planning the close timeline, including coordinating with the various Film business units and FP&A.
- Assist in monitoring the account reconciliations for the team and other Film business units for quality and timeliness.
- Prepare NBCU Corporate data request submissions, gathering and consolidating information from various sources and review data requests prepared by the offshore business provider.
- Key contributor to the monthly and quarter close processes including posting close and consolidation journal entries and preparing account reconciliations and rollforwards across miscellaneous financial statement line items which may include cash, overhead, film acquisition costs, and others.
- Monitoring the Film global business units including being a center of excellence and support for business units by providing and enforcing guidance and best practices, validating balances from a consolidated perspective, and investigating variances to prior periods.
- Prepare and analyze the Balance Sheet Variance Analytic for the Film Group, including gathering explanations (and support if necessary) from all Film business units.
- Prepare and present quarterly Balance Sheet review packet to Film’s SVP Global Controller and CFO.
- Participate and collaborate on corporate driven initiatives and process change across the business unit, including special projects.
- Manage work performed by Business Process Outsourcing provider, including training, and review and maintenance of desktop procedures.
- Identify and implement Film HQ process improvement initiatives and opportunities to build efficiencies into existing accounting and reporting processes.
- Collaborate with broader studios groups on benchmarking on processes and identification of best practices
- Participate in ongoing learning and cross-training opportunities across the Film HQ controllership team
- Participate in annual SOX 404 certification and internal and external audits.
- Assist in technical accounting and BU policy research to continue to align on accounting for transactions and maintaining suitable accounting policies across Film.
- Assist with ad-hoc projects as needed.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.