Support & Operations Specialist
- 30 Rockefeller Plaza, New York, NY
- Business Segment: NBCUniversal Local
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
- The Support & Operations resource is responsible for monitoring and managing all user technical and operational support tickets while also working to resolution, manage any help desk calls, provide technical assistance to our internal teams, and perform as the appointed primary contact person for any system/technical outages as needed. He/She will also be responsible for engaging with the appropriate teams and 3rd party vendors where/when necessary to resolve any issues and requests as needed, while also providing any necessary feedback and/or updates via any associated tickets.
- Provide support assistance during day to day business hours as well as be able to provide after-hours/on-call support coverage 24/7 (including weekends and holidays).
- Manage incoming technical and operational support requests from users and internal teams, while also ensuring tickets are responded to within our specified Service Level Agreements. Categorize, prioritize, and assign support tickets to the appropriate internal groups while also providing feedback to the user as needed.
- Working within various production platforms that are part of our evolving technology stack; Content Management System, Video (OVP), Amazon EC2, Content Distribution Network (Akamai) and other online web applications.”
- Basic operations and troubleshooting via a UNIX console, as needed.
- Closely working with our editorial team(s) in various regions, while troubleshooting in real-time to provide timely resolutions, as well as updating tickets accordingly, and providing any necessary communications to our various teams.
- Creating and analyzing production ticket reports to identify trends while working with other teams to create solutions, optimize, and alleviate potential and possible root causes.
- Documenting “How to guides” and performing any necessary knowledge sharing sessions with our team(s).
- Maintaining a calm composure while simultaneously being able to help stakeholders during possible high-pressure situations (breaking news, technical outages, and etc.)
- Performing day to day operational tasks while also providing any necessary user support for our various systems.
- Ability to work, coordinate, and assist with our internal development teams, cross market editors, and various 3rd party vendors as needed.
- Monitoring and debugging where necessary, using data to identify trends as well as subjective and objective quality assessment, with the goal of highlighting areas for further improvement.
- Capturing and replicating issues for further investigation and latter improvement.
- 2+ years of experience of video broadcast / streaming systems, with specific expertise with HLS
- 2+ years of experience in supporting production systems (digital)
- MUST be willing to provide after-hours/on-call support coverage 24/7 (including weekends & holidays)
- Must be open to both 1st & 2nd shift schedules
- Have expertise with WordPress CMS
- Have a general knowledge of various troubleshooting tools; Virtual machines, screen sharing applications, Charles debugging proxy, Web Browser Developer toolbars, and various other web testing utilities
- Have a solid knowledge of IOS, and Android platforms, and all major web browsers (Chrome, IE, Firefox, and Safari).
- Understanding the professional broadcast protocols, including MPEG-TS and RTP. Experience with Zixi, and Elemental MediaConnect
- Experience of security best-practices
- Critical thinker and a strong approach to technical analysis and debugging
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be willing to work in New York, NY
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be covered by Solutions - NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
- Interested candidates must submit a resume through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or adhere to enhanced protocols in select work settings or where jurisdictionally mandated.
- Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Quick learner, self-motivated and a self-starter
- Ability to work in fast paced environment while maintaining his/her calm
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.