Master Control Operator
- 4100 E Dry Creek Road, Centennial, CO
- Business Segment: Operations & Technology
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
This position is eligible for company sponsored benefits including: medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Careers website. Colorado applicants only, wage range: $45,000-$55,000 (not bonus eligible)
The on-air Tech Ops team in Centennial, CO manages playout and monitoring for NBC and Telemundo’s Network Operation and Owned Television Stations. The team also plays an integral role in origination and monitoring of TV Everywhere streams for a diverse portfolio of cable and broadcast properties. Our Master Control Operators play a critical role in maintaining 99.999% on-air reliability in this dynamic, multi-channel environment. Our Operators are technologically curious, obsessed with the details, and excited to solve problems as a team to get compelling content to viewer’s screens.
- Maintain and manipulate on-air playlists, execute program/commercial/marketing changes, support live-event and off-air workflows, send logs for reconciliation and troubleshoot channel playout issues
- Manage commercial integration, including rolling commercial breaks, during taped and live programming
- Monitor and maintain the continuity and availability for 150+ channel streams
- Ensure continuity of programming by confirming that every piece of material is accounted for and ready for on-air playout
- Act as first line responders for internal clients
- Vigilantly protect our air by simulating the experience of a viewer and constantly checking for proper audio, video, captioning and picture quality
- With the guidance of Operation Supervisors, work as a team to promptly recover from any on-air discrepancies
- Associate degree a related field or equivalent experience
- Full understanding of television production, broadcast operations, and/or news/sports/entertainment technical production requirements
Additional Job Requirements
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered (note job #: )
- Must be willing to work in Centennial, CO
- Must have unrestricted employment authorization to work in the United States
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must be willing and available to work flexible hours, including overnight shifts, weekends, holidays in order to meet the needs of a 24x7 operation
- Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or adhere to enhanced protocols in select work settings or where jurisdictionally mandated. COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
- 2+ years of experience in a master control or production control room television environment
- Proven passion for media, television, and technology
- Unwavering composure in high-pressure situations
- Fluency in Spanish as a second language a plus
- Acute attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Experience working successfully as part of a team
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.