Assistant Manager Attractions (Wizarding World of Harry Potter)
- 100 Universal City Plaza, Universal City, CA
- Business Segment: Parks & Resorts
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
- Assist the Manager in hiring, training and development of B192 Attractions team members.
- Responsible for managing all employees by setting work expectations and leadership standards. Offering consistent and timely feedback to hourly staff to ensure effective communication between management and staff.
- Oversee employee reviews and counseling to ensure all guidelines and policies are followed. Encourages employee development and participate in employee interviews for Lead and Seasonal Supervisor positions.
- Serve as designated duty manager for the daily land operation, weekly as scheduled.
- Assists in creating, maintaining and supporting the labor and non-labor budgets.
- Review and approve all hourly staff time and attendance forms for accuracy.
- Provide daily summary of day-to-day operations.
- Work closely with Technical Services on venue repairs and upkeep.
- Oversee operational compliance.
- Ensure quality standards are met in all areas of the land, including portions not under direct operational control.
o Minimum 3 years of operations management experience in theme park or hospitality industry, including experience in guest service.
o Must be available to work on weekends, holidays and nights as required
o Need to be a quick thinker with the ability to make sound decisions.
• Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
• Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or adhere to enhanced protocols in select work settings or where jurisdictionally mandated.
• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
o Two or four year college degree preferred, or equivalent work experiences required
o Experience working in union environment
o Excellent written and oral communication skills to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization
o Thorough knowledge of MS Excel, Work and PowerPoint
o Experience managing in a union environment
o Strong interpersonal and analytical skills
o Proactive thinker/self-starter
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.