RN Manager - West
- 2423 W Dunlap Ave, Phoenix, AZ 85021, USA
At NATIVE HEALTH, we strive to provide the best health care available for urban American Indians, Alaska Natives, and individuals who generally experience barriers to holistic, patient-centered, culturally sensitive health and wellness services.
NATIVE HEALTH currently provides a wide range of programs, including primary medical, dental, behavioral health, WIC (available at four sites), and community health and wellness programs.
We provide services to over 18,000 individuals per year, resulting in over 70,000 visits. NATIVE HEALTH is a private, non-profit 501(c)(3) organization and is led by a Chief Executive Officer under the supervision of the Board of Directors.
NATIVE HEALTH is accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care, Inc.
The RN Manager is responsible for assisting in implementing operational efficiencies through the medical clinic. The position works closely with the Practice Manager exercising frequent independent judgment in monitoring the day-to-day operation of the medical clinic. The RN Manager actively participates in quality and process improvement activities. The RN Manager oversees the Medical Assistants (MAs), and the Referral Coordinator. This position works under the supervision of the Practice Manager.
- Monitors day to day clinical operations of the medical services.
- Leads and manages staff through mentoring, coaching, and supervision ensuring staff engagement to meet organizational and clinical' goals and objectives.
- Responsible for the immunizations program at site:
- Accountable for the coordination and delivery of population health strategies:
- Provides nursing services to patients in accordance with the Arizona State Board of Nursing RN scope of practice.
- Supports the organization as needed.
- Graduate of an accredited school or college of nursing is required.
- Licensed to practice nursing in the state of Arizona as RN is required.
- At least three (3) years nursing experience. One or more years in a supervisory position is required.
- Must have a valid and unrestricted Arizona driver’s license (within 30 days of hire if applicant is from out-of-state) with no DUI/DWI or reckless driving convictions in the last five years. No more than two at-fault accidents in the last three years. Must maintain a valid AZ driver license during employment. Must be insurable by NATIVE HEALTH liability auto policy.
- Must pass a criminal background check with a Class I Fingerprint Clearance Card within the initial ninety (90) days of employment.
- Must pass a drug and alcohol testing upon employment and random testing during the course of employment.
- Must have updated Immunization (IZ) record.
- Must have a current (within 12 months) Tuberculosis (TB) skin report upon employment and provide an update annually.
- Must obtain a CPR Certificate within ninety (90) days of employment and maintain a valid card during employment.
KNOWLEGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to provide a positive team oriented environment.
- Customer service oriented. Ability to handle difficult situations.
- Knowledge of primary care nursing practice, OB, pediatrics, chronic care conditions, and immunizations.
- Understanding of accreditation requirements.
- Proficient in case management.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Culturally competent; able to work with a diverse workforce and client population.
- Open to change and willing to lead change within the organization.
- Professional integrity; excellent work ethic.
- Able to manage competing priorities; excellent organizational skills and good time management.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative in addressing concerns and issues.
- Proficient with computer based applications such as MS Office, Adobe, registries/medical databases, and electronic health record.
- Knowledge of community resources.
- Must have a sincere desire to improve the health status of minority and vulnerable populations as well as being willing to serve the uninsured and underinsured.
NATIVE HEALTH. is an EEOC, Employment-At-Will, and Native American Preference employer. Drug Free and Commercial Smoke-Free work environment.