- 4041 N Central Ave, Phoenix, AZ 85012, USA
At NATIVE HEALTH, we strive to provide the best health care available for urban American Indians, Alaska Natives, and individuals who generally experience barriers to holistic, patient-centered, culturally sensitive health and wellness services.
NATIVE HEALTH currently provides a wide range of programs, including primary medical, dental, behavioral health, WIC (available at four sites), and community health and wellness programs.
We provide services to over 18,000 individuals per year, resulting in over 70,000 visits. NATIVE HEALTH is a private, non-profit 501(c)(3) organization and is led by a Chief Executive Officer under the supervision of the Board of Directors.
NATIVE HEALTH is accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care, Inc.
The Telephone Operator will be responsible for timely and efficient operation and communication within Native Health. The Telephone Operator answers a multi-line telephone and paging system rapidly and directs the calls inter departmentally without delay. The Telephone Operator will represent the company professionally and positively to enhance and promote smooth initiative of services. The Telephone Operator reports directly to the Front Office Supervisor.
Bilingual in Spanish Preferred
- Answer high volume of incoming telephone calls in a professional and polite manner with a quick response rate.
- Manage appointments.
- Provide information about NATIVE HEALTH services
- Supports the organization as needed
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Great communication skills as well as ability to work with others in close manner.
- Ability to understand, and execute complex written and verbal instructions.
- Exceptional computer skills, good organizing and planning skills.
- Able to deliver excellent customer service, externally and internally.
- Able to react effectively and calmly in emergencies.
- Able to maintain customer confidentiality.
- Should work under rigorous pressure and meet close deadlines.
- High school diploma or general education degree from an accredited institution.
- Two years experience in related field.
- Must have excellent telephone etiquette.
- Must have good communication skills written and verbal.
- Must have experience in multiline telephone.
- Must understand the Native American community and culture, as well as experience working with people from diverse ethnic groups and various backgrounds.
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
- Possess a valid and unrestricted Arizona driver’s license (within 30 days of hire if applicant is from out-of-state) with no DUI/DWI or reckless driving convictions in the last five years. No more than two at-fault accidents in the last three years. Must maintain a valid AZ driver license during employment. Must be insurable by NATIVE HEALTH liability auto policy.
- Must pass a criminal background check with a Class I Fingerprint Clearance Card within the initial ninety (90) calendar days of employment.
- Must pass a substance abuse testing upon employment, and submit to a random testing during the course of employment.
- Must have an updated Immunization (IZ) Record.
- Must have a current (within 12 months) Tuberculosis (TB) skin report upon employment and provide an update annually.
- Must obtain a CPR Card within ninety (90) calendar days of employment and maintain a valid CPR card during employment.
NATIVE HEALTH. is an EEOC, Employment-At-Will, and Native American Preference employer. Drug Free and Commercial Smoke-Free work environment.