- 4041 N Central Ave, Phoenix, AZ 85012, USA
At NATIVE HEALTH, we strive to provide the best health care available for urban American Indians, Alaska Natives, and individuals who generally experience barriers to holistic, patient-centered, culturally sensitive health and wellness services.
NATIVE HEALTH currently provides a wide range of programs, including primary medical, dental, behavioral health, WIC (available at four sites), and community health and wellness programs.
We provide services to over 18,000 individuals per year, resulting in over 70,000 visits. NATIVE HEALTH is a private, non-profit 501(c)(3) organization and is led by a Chief Executive Officer under the supervision of the Board of Directors.
NATIVE HEALTH is accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care, Inc.
The Contact Tracer is responsible for conducting case investigations and contact tracing for patients who have been exposed to or diagnosed with SARS-CoV-2. The primary form of contact with patients will be through tele-communications. The Contact Tracer will be responsible for documenting encounters with patients of NATIVE HEALTH in the electronic health record. The Contact Tracer will report directly to the Contact Tracing Supervisor.
- Conduct case investigation/contact tracing with patients and close contacts.
- Provide and promote excellent customer service to visitors, patients, and staff in person and on the phone.
- Ensure the documentation of the patient encounters are confidential, accurate, and entered in a timely manner.
- Supports the organization as needed
- An associate degree AND/OR a bachelor’s degree preferred with a minimum of 1 year of experience working in public health, health education, disease investigation, or related health care field.
- Must have excellent communication skills for written and verbal.
- Must have experience working with Motivational Interviewing or other public health elicitation strategies.
- Must be able to appropriately document patient encounters and enter data efficiently.
- Must be able to communicate complex topics to individual and larger audiences.
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
- Possess valid and unrestricted Arizona driver’s license (within 30 days of hire if applicant is from out-of-state) with no DUI/DWI or reckless driving convictions in the last five years. No more than two at-fault accidents in the last three years. Must maintain a valid AZ driver license during employment. Must be 25 years of age and insurable by NATIVE HEALTH liability auto policy.
- Must pass a criminal background check with a Class I Fingerprint Clearance Card within the initial ninety (90) calendar days of employment.
- Must pass a substance abuse testing upon employment and submit to random testing during the course of employment.
- Must have an updated Immunization (IZ) Record.
- Must have a current (within 12 months) Tuberculosis (TB) skin report upon employment and provide an update annually.
- Must obtain a CPR Card within ninety (90) calendar days of employment and maintain a valid CPR card during employment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent customer service.
- Knowledge of COVID-19 disease progression.
- An understanding of Patient Confidentiality and all of the HIPPA considerations.
- Understanding of the medical terms and principles of exposure, infection, infectious period, potentially infectious interactions, symptoms related to the COVID-19 disease such as pre-symptomatic and asymptomatic infection.
- Excellent and sensitive interpersonal, cultural sensitivity, and interviewing skills.
- Basic skills to handle crisis scenarios and confidence in their ability to refer correctly
- Resourcefulness and critical thinking skills to provide assistance during case investigations.
- An understanding of the community which is being served to provide culturally competent services.
NATIVE HEALTH. is an EEOC, Employment-At-Will, and Native American Preference employer. Drug Free and Commercial Smoke-Free work environment.