Food Pantry Assistant - Temporary
- 777 W Southern Ave, Mesa, AZ 85210, USA
At NATIVE HEALTH, we strive to provide the best health care available for urban American Indians, Alaska Natives, and individuals who generally experience barriers to holistic, patient-centered, culturally sensitive health and wellness services.
NATIVE HEALTH currently provides a wide range of programs, including primary medical, dental, behavioral health, WIC (available at four sites), and community health and wellness programs.
We provide services to over 18,000 individuals per year, resulting in over 70,000 visits. NATIVE HEALTH is a private, non-profit 501(c)(3) organization and is led by a Chief Executive Officer under the supervision of the Board of Directors.
NATIVE HEALTH is accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care, Inc.
The Food Pantry Assistant will assist NATIVE HEALTH’s Food Coordinator with food distribution programs. Food Pantry Assistant will represent NATIVE HEALTH with the local food banks, food programs and groups. This position includes picking up, packing/ loading of food pantry items for weekly distribution, unloading food trucks, unloading pallets, and restocking pantry as well as documentation of food distribution for funding reports.
- Assist with all facets of Food Pantries. This includes food pantry pick up, delivery, repackaging, restocking, and distribution.
- Documents and keeps records of food distribution.
- Supports the organization as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Employment or volunteer work with underserved populations desirable.
- A sincere desire to improve the educational status of the urban Indian population and NATIVE HEALTH’s community.
- Temporary position.
- Must pass background check.
- Must get Food Handler's Certificate within 30 days.
- Possess a valid and unrestricted Arizona driver’s license (within 30 days of hire if the applicant is from out-of-state) with no DUI/DWI or reckless driving convictions in the last five years. No more than two at-fault accidents in the last three years. Must maintain a valid AZ driver's license during employment. Must be 25 years of age and insurable by NATIVE HEALTH liability auto policy.
- Must pass a criminal background check with a Class I Fingerprint Clearance Card within the initial ninety (90) calendar days of employment.
- Must pass a substance abuse testing upon employment and submit to random testing during the course of employment.
- Must have an updated Immunization (IZ) Record.
- Must have a current (within 12 months) Tuberculosis (TB) skin report upon employment and provide an update annually.
- Must obtain a CPR Card within ninety (90) calendar days of employment and maintain a valid CPR card during employment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of the cultural and social background of the Native American and other clients of the NATIVE HEALTH service population.
- Ability to meet the performance goals and contractual requirements of the Temporary Food Pantry Assistant.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative relationships with agency staff, representatives of other agencies, clients and general public.
- Demonstrate skills and commitment to quality, timeliness, efficiency and effectiveness. Must be willing to work in a fast pace environment. Open to change within the organization.
- Ability to perform job responsibilities for food pantry and food distribution.
- Ability to organize, plan, and work independently.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of client information.
NATIVE HEALTH. is an EEOC, Employment-At-Will, and Native American Preference employer. Drug Free and Commercial Smoke-Free work environment.