Assistant, Program and Policy
- 444 North Capitol St NW, Washington, DC 20001, USA
- Employees can work remotely
NASTAD is a leading non-partisan non-profit association that represents public health officials who administer HIV and hepatitis programs in the U.S. Our singular mission is to end the intersecting epidemics of HIV, viral hepatitis, and related conditions. We do this work by strengthening governmental public health through advocacy, capacity building, and social justice.
Each of NASTAD’s seven programmatic teams—Health Care Access, Health Systems Integration, Policy & Legislative Affairs, Hepatitis, Health Equity, HIV Prevention, and Drug User Health, interpret and influence policies, conduct trainings, offer technical assistance, and provide advocacy mobilization for U.S. health departments to improve health outcomes for people living with HIV and hepatitis.
We consider diversity and equity as a top priority. We encourage people of diverse ages, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions, disabilities, religions, races, ethnicities, socioeconomic statuses, work, and life experiences to apply. We recognize that to accelerate the end of the HIV and hepatitis epidemics; our workforce and professional development opportunities must be representative of groups that have been disproportionately impacted.
The Assistant, Program and Policy will support NASTAD’s program and policy teams by providing administrative and logistical support for the Senior Directors/Directors. The ideal candidate will be motivated, highly organized, and able to follow through on tasks with minimal prompting. Demonstrated ability to execute projects in a timely manner and precise attention to detail are required. This position will report to either the associate director, health care access or the director, communications and will be expected to work with NASTAD’s program and policy teams, including Business Development, Communications, Drug User Health, Health Care Access, Health Equity, Health Systems Integration, Hepatitis, Policy and Legislative Affairs, and Prevention/CBA.
· Provide logistical and administrative support to the program and policy teams related to health department conference calls, webinars, and in-person technical assistance and training events
· Provide logistical and administrative support to the program and policy teams related to meetings including scheduling (virtual and in person), notes/action item follow up
· Provide support to the program and policy team leads regarding the development and submission of program and budget reports
· Support key activities under NASTAD’s cooperative agreement and grant funding
· Assist with review and develop technical assistance resources to meet the needs of health department HIV prevention and surveillance programs
· Develop working relationships with health department staff members and respond in a timely manner to their needs
· Participate in staff meetings, team meetings, and trainings, as appropriate
· Perform other duties as assigned
· Fostering Teamwork: As a team member, the ability and desire to work cooperatively with others on a team.
· Oral Communication: The ability to express oneself clearly in conversations and interactions with others.
· Written Communication: The ability to express oneself clearly in business writing.
· Strong organizational and time management skills
· A track record of creative problem-solving skills
· Experience keeping simultaneous projects running smoothly
· Comfort with receiving guidance and projects from several colleagues
· Thoroughness and attention to detail
· Customer service orientation
· Proficiency in Microsoft office applications
· Minimum of 1 year work in public health, public policy or communication related field; or any equivalent combination of training, education and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position.
Visual Acuity, Hearing and Speaking
Excellent verbal and written command of the English language
Environment and Scheduling
· Interest in working in a public health organization
· Interest in working within a diverse work environment
Employer’s Statement and Rights
This job posting does not list all the duties of the position. You may be asked by supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in a job description based on this posting that will be given at time of hire. The employer has the right to revise a job description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any lawful reason
$43,000 – $46,000 per year