- Washington, DC
NASTAD is a non-profit national association that represents public health officials who administer HIV and hepatitis health care, prevention, education, and supportive service programs funded by state and federal governments in all 50 U.S. states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and the U.S. Pacific Islands. NASTAD also supports partner governments in Africa, the Central America region, and the Caribbean region.
NASTAD's vision is a world free of HIV and viral hepatitis
The Associate, Communications role requires a highly motivated digital media specialist who is responsible for supporting NASTAD’s Communications team and NASTAD staff with core communications activities, including maintenance of web-based platforms, copy writing, email marketing, graphic design, video editing, and document design and layout.
- Support the Communications team in keeping the organization’s web-based platforms (e.g. websites, blogs, and social media) up to date
- Assist in the design and formatting of NASTAD products (online and print) and contribute to writing projects such as opinion editorials and blog posts
- Drive brand awareness and engagement on NASTAD’s online platforms
- Follow trends and news on emerging technologies and social metrics as needed for internal review
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, marketing, communications or a related field; or any equivalent combination of training, education and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position
- Minimum one year professional digital, interactive, or social media work experience
- Strong personal and professional experience in creating content for online communities
- Solid project management, research, writing, editing, and communications skills
- Knowledge of document design and layout and experience with Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite to create web-ready content
- Experience with content management systems (e.g. Drupal), email marketing tools (e.g. Mailchimp), social media management tools (e.g. Sprout Social), and basic knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Experience with video editing software such as iMovie
- Ability to adapt to shifting and competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
Minimum Competencies (skills, knowledge, and abilities)
- Fostering Teamwork: As a team member, the ability and desire to work cooperatively with others on a team
- Oral Communication: The ability to express oneself clearly in conversations and interactions with others
- Written Communication: The ability to express oneself clearly in business writing
Environment and Scheduling
- Interest in working with a national HIV and hepatitis public health organization
- Interest in working within a diverse environment
- Interest in working with and/or an understanding of communities impacted by HIV and hepatitis such as people of color, men who have sex with men (MSM), and transgender communities
- Willing to travel as needed
-Salary commensurate with experience
-Qualified candidates are to submit a resume and cover letter including salary requirements. Submissions that do not include the required information are considered incomplete and will not be considered.
-Due to the extremely high volume of resumes submitted, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls, emails, or social media outreach in reference to this position will be accepted.