MECHANICAL - Light Service Technician
- 2031 E 1st St, Alamogordo, NM 88310, USA
We have been in business 17 years. Our shop is clean and well run. We have won Otero's favorite shop several times including 2017. Since 1984, the NAPA AutoCare family of programs has been built around a quality standard where independent repair business owners are invited to join, based on integrity, industry qualifications, and expertise. Today, we have over 16,000 locations nationwide that include mechanical, collision, and truck facilities.
Business Name: Tierra del sol automotive
Business Address:2031 1st st
City/State/Zip: Alamogordo, NM 88310
As an Automotive General /Light Service Technician you will be expected to perform basic light maintenance and service on a variety of vehicle makes and models. You will receive ongoing training through our affiliation with NAPA, NAPA Autotech, and other sources both in the classroom and online. In addition, you will work alongside our ASE certified and Master ASE certified technicians to help you develop your diagnostic capabilities and increase your service knowledge.
Responsibilities include but may not be limited to:
- Performing oil change services, checking and topping off of all fluids, checking tire pressures and air and cabin filters in a timely manner
- Performing safety and general service inspections
- Identifying fluid leakage, tire wear, service light identification and unperformed maintenance
- Pre-purchase vehicle inspections
- Flushing and servicing of all fluid operated or containing systems
- Replacing drive belts, coolant hoses and light bulbs
- Performing tire rotations, mounting and balancing
- Inspecting brake pads and shoe wear, rotor and drum wear limits, and fluid leakage
- Communicating with the service advisor regarding needed safety repairs or maintenance other than those listed on the repair order
- General cleaning of service area and facility grounds if needed
The Light Service Technician must be able to demonstrate their knowledge of basic vehicle maintenance and perform light service of basic vehicle systems.
- Minimum 1-2 years’ work experience
- Demonstrated ability to learn basic mechanical, electrical, and troubleshooting skills
- Strong work ethic and ability to work well with others, helping out when needed
- Basic TPMS (Tire Pressure Monitoring System) knowledge
- Alignment experience a plus, but not required
- Must have basic hand and air tools to facilitate job responsibilities
- Must be open and available to all service training opportunities, whether self-paced or instructor led
- ASE certification not required at time of hire, but the achievement of master certification status is expected with ongoing employment and training
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record—subject to verification
- Presentable appearance
As part of the NAPA AutoCare Center network, we are committed to the highest quality. Our desire is to hire the best people in the industry. That’s why we offer competitive compensation and benefits.
The Light Service Technician position offers an opportunity to gain valuable experience as you continue to develop your mechanical and technical skills. It’s an ideal position for an individual who is highly motivated and has a strong commitment to learning and growth. If your goal is to build a successful career in the automotive service industry, apply today!