Assistant Maintenance Supervisor - Courtney Downs Apartment Homes
- 15849 E Jamison Dr, Englewood, CO 80112, USA
- Department: Maintenance
NALS Apartment Homes is a thriving, national Real Estate Investment Firm engaged in the acquisition, ownership, and management of multifamily apartment communities. Headquartered in Santa Barbara California, NALS is centered on our core values. Those of respect, teamwork, excellence, service to others and engagement are the foundation of our vibrant company culture.
At NALS, we embrace opportunities for personal and professional growth, and encourage our employees to share their unique skills, local knowledge, and professional expertise. Our team is the single most important ingredient to our success and we seek to foster a work environment as welcoming as our apartment communities. Please visit our website www.nals.com
Our success remains grounded in disciplined investing principles and a company culture of collaboration, innovation and excellence. Friendly and professional team members across the nation have chosen to spend their careers at NALS Apartment Homes.
What can NALS bring to the ideal candidate?
- Competitive Compensation
- Comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k with generous match, Life Insurance and Disability Insurance
- Paid holidays, vacation and sick leave
- We value personal and professional growth and always seek to help our team members advance their careers at NALS
- Rental discounts for on-site personnel
- Employee referral program
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB:
This person is responsible for general day-to-day maintenance. He/She will assist the Maintenance Supervisor in ensuring proper completion of service requests, make-readies and upkeep of the property. He/She participates with the maintenance staff to ensure the community meets the quality maintenance standards set by the company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Assistant Maintenance Supervisor is to perform general maintenance to effectively maintain a desirable property appearance. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to; plumbing, electrical repairs, carpentry, appliance repairs, glass replacement, screen repair and replacement, carpet cleaning, painting, and groundskeeping. Assistant Maintenance Supervisor must cooperate with all departments in completing all tasks assigned.
Assistant Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for the following:
1. Ensure all service requests, callbacks, and/or work orders are performed properly and promptly.
2. Complete maintenance make-ready sheets and all logs assigned by Maintenance Supervisor.
3. Turn vacant apartments including, but not limited to; painting, locks, light bulbs, garbage disposal, drawers, doors, smoke detectors, blinds, windows, drains, faucets, toilets and appliances.
4. Clean and maintain pool and spa, including chemical application and furniture cleanliness.
5. Walk the property looking for safety hazards and determine how the maintenance team could prevent an accident while participating in group grounds cleanup.
6. Clean and maintain barbeque grills, if applicable.
7. Assist in maintaining the work place and maintenance shop by keeping areas clean and supplies/tools organized.
8. Respond to after hour calls and emergency situations such as sewer back-ups, flooding, fires, etc.
9. Represent the company in a professional manner at all times.
10. Perform additional duties, responsibilities, or projects as assigned.
11. Maintain open communication with Property Manager and Maintenance Supervisor.
The company may revise this job description from time to time as business needs require. It is not intended to be an exhaustive listing of all the functions of the job, nor to limit the company’s right to assign other functions to an employee in this position. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
JOB QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
Assistant Maintenance Supervisor must possess skills relating to all building systems. He/She must have knowledge and understanding of the unit turn process and be able to turn three to four units per week when assigned. He/She should be knowledgeable regarding repair and maintenance of the following: HVAC; Plumbing; and Pool and Spa. Assistant Maintenance Supervisor must also be familiar with appliance repair, electrical repairs, and basic roofing repairs.
Machines, Tools and Equipment:
Must possess skills necessary to use all common hand and painting tools including rollers, brushes, screwdrivers, hammers, pliers, etc. and hand tools normally used in construction, maintenance or landscaping. Other power tools including, but are not limited to; carpet shampoo machine, paint sprayer, power drain cleaner, key machine and all chemicals associated with maintenance and landscaping essential job functions. Utilize tools and supplies in a responsible and cost efficient manner.
Valid drivers’ license, good driving record along with current auto insurance may be required. It may be required to be certified to use pool chemicals and/or air conditioning refrigerant, depending on the property.
Working inside and outside, in all types of weather. Must be able to lift and work heavy equipment. Medium to heavy work, requiring prolonged or repeated standing, walking, climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching and lifting to a maximum of 100 lbs., with frequent lifting and carrying of up to 50 lbs. Good hand and eye coordination is essential, including the ability to ascend and descend ladders and stairs, and perform repetitive/continuous tasks according to set procedures and sequences.
1. Must use proper safety equipment at all times, as required by the company.
2. Close toed, slip-resistant shoes must be worn at all times.
3. Report all safety issues/concerns to manager.
I have read this job description, understand it, and am able to perform the essential functions and meet the job requirements of the position.
Dedicated...Motivated...Innovative...Team Player... These are just a few words to describe the ideal person to join our growing team at NALS Apartment Homes! A positive and upbeat attitude, integrity, a willingness to learn, and be service oriented are key qualities in the ideal candidate.
Minimum of three years of apartment maintenance experience required. Our ideal candidate will have their EPA, HVAC, Pool certifications and painting experience. Also, this candidate should be able to help oversee the property and maintenance staff the Maintenance Supervisors absence.
Compensation is $21.00 per hour for this full time position.
Facts & Figures:
- Founded in 1990, NALS has a proven track record of long term ownership and results
- Over 2 billion in assets owned and managed.
- Annual revenue over 200 million.
- Longevity – Over 80 of our 487 employees have been with us for over a decade.
- Regularly pursuing new acquisitions.
- 46 properties across 10 states.