Groundskeeper/Maintenance Technician - The Courts at Preston Oaks Apartment Homes
- 5400 Preston Oaks Rd, Dallas, TX 75254, USA
- Department: Maintenance
NALS Apartment Homes is a thriving, national Real Estate Investment Firm engaged in the acquisition, ownership, and management of multifamily apartment communities. Headquartered in Santa Barbara California, NALS is centered on our core values. Those of respect, teamwork, excellence, service to others and engagement are the foundation of our vibrant company culture.
At NALS, we embrace opportunities for personal and professional growth, and encourage our employees to share their unique skills, local knowledge, and professional expertise. Our team is the single most important ingredient to our success and we seek to foster a work environment as welcoming as our apartment communities. Please visit our website www.nals.com
Our success remains grounded in disciplined investing principles and a company culture of collaboration, innovation and excellence. Friendly and professional team members across the nation have chosen to spend their careers at NALS Apartment Homes.
What can NALS bring to the ideal candidate?
- Competitive Compensation
- Comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k with generous match, Life Insurance and Disability Insurance
- Paid holidays, vacation and sick leave
- We value personal and professional growth and always seek to help our team members advance their careers at NALS
- Rental discounts for on-site personnel
- Employee referral program
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB:
This person is responsible for the general day-to-day upkeep of the property. He/She works as a team participant along with the maintenance staff to ensure the community meets the quality maintenance standards set by the company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Groundskeeper/Maintenance Tech is to perform general trash duties and maintenance to effectively maintain a desirable property appearance. After receiving appropriate training, responsibilities may include, but are not limited to; plumbing, electrical repairs, carpentry, appliance repairs, glass replacement, screen repair and replacement, carpet cleaning and painting. The Groundskeeper/Maintenance Tech must cooperate with all departments in completing all tasks assigned.
The Groundskeeper/Maintenance Tech is responsible for the following:
1. Clean and maintain property grounds daily. Remove trash and debris from all common areas.
2. Clean and maintain barbeque grills, if applicable.
3. Clean and maintain pools and spas, including chemical testing and furniture cleanliness.
4. Clean and maintain mail room area and laundry rooms, if applicable.
5. Assist in maintaining the work place and maintenance shop by keeping areas clean and supplies/tools organized.
6. Assist in turning vacant apartments including, but not limited to; painting, locks, light bulbs, garbage disposal, drawers, doors, smoke detectors, blinds, windows, drains, faucets and toilets.
7. Represent the company in a professional manner at all times.
8. Perform additional duties, responsibilities or projects as assigned.
9. Maintain open communication with Property Manager and Maintenance Supervisor.
The company may revise this job description from time to time as business needs require. It is not intended to be an exhaustive listing of all the functions of the job, nor to limit the company’s right to assign other functions to an employee in this position. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
JOB QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
The Groundskeeper/Maintenance Tech must possess skills relating to grounds maintenance and pool maintenance job functions.
Valid drivers’ license, good driving record along with current auto insurance may be required. It may be required to be certified to use pool chemicals.
Working inside and outside, in all types of weather. Must be able to lift and work heavy equipment. Medium to heavy work, requiring prolonged or repeated standing, walking, climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching and lifting to a maximum of 100 lbs., with frequent lifting and carrying of up to 50 lbs. Good hand and eye coordination essential, including the ability to ascend and descend ladders and stairs, and perform repetitive/continuous tasks according to set procedures and sequences.
Dedicated...Motivated...Innovative...Team Player... These are just a few words to describe the ideal person to join our growing team at NALS Apartment Homes! A positive and upbeat attitude, integrity, a willingness to learn, and be service oriented are key qualities in the ideal candidate.
Facts & Figures:
- Founded in 1990, NALS has a proven track record of long term ownership and results
- Over 2 billion in assets owned and managed.
- Annual revenue over 200 million.
- Longevity – Over 80 of our 487 employees have been with us for over a decade.
- Regularly pursuing new acquisitions.
- 48 properties across 10 states.