Utility Pastry - French Market (M/F)
- Rua de Miragaia 103, 4050-386 Porto, Portugal
- Funcao / Job: Galley Utility
Mystic Cruises is an expedition ocean cruise line offering an incredibly intimate view of some of the world’s most exciting destinations, including Antarctica, the Arctic region, Northern Europe, and the Mediterranean, in an ecofriendly way, but with all the comfort of a fivestar service. Mystic Cruises sail into the heart of landmark cities, as well as to small, exclusive ports where larger vessels cannot enter, to provide our guests onceinalifetime experiences. With a strong commitment to environmental sustainability, Mystic Cruises implemented technological innovations on its ships in order to ensure a minimal impact of its operations.
- To follow the Pastry Chefs instructions for Menu plans and daily preparations;
- To ensure that products are consistently prepared according to the highest possible standards;
- To comply with the latest Health and Sanitation regulations (USPH and all other Port Health Authorities) and to follow proper cleaning procedures accordingly;
- To know the requirements of the Menus and to plan ahead for operational needs accordingly;
- To report work orders to the Pastry Chef when deficiencies are noted or when maintenance is required and to follow up on the work orders in a timely manner;
- To complete a Work Registration Form correctly every week and to submit it to the Pastry Chef in a timely manner;
- To adhere to all Company Policies and Procedures, Manuals and Directives;
- Other responsibilities, as assigned, but not limited to the above.
- College degree required and/or Hotel School beneficial;
- Minimum experience of two (2) years in a hotel or one (1) year onboard a cruise ship in a similar position required;
- Very good spoken English;
- Good communication skills;
- Good organizational skills and must show attention to detail;
- Must undergo onboard USPH and HACCP training. Knowledge in this area is a plus;
- Must have initiative and the ability to work independently;
- Must be able to remain calm under pressure;
- Must have an outgoing, charming and friendly personality.
- To communicate with the Pastry Chef to keep left over food to a minimum in order to keep the food cost at a minimum.
- To be cost conscious with the use of cleaning materials and other consumables.
- To ensure that Company property is maintained properly and treated with respect at all times.
- To properly use Personal Protective Equipment in work areas at all times.
- To practice Safe Lifting Techniques at all times.
- To practice Safe/Proper Galley/Bakery Equipment handling at all times.
- To be familiar with the Ship`s Emergency Plan.
- To do In Port Manning duties as scheduled and as required by Company policy.
- To follow instructions noted on Safety Card.
- To participate in Guest/Crew Lifeboat Drills as per instructions.
- Other safety responsibilities, as assigned, but not limited to the above.
Team Communication and Meetings
- To attend meetings with the Galley;
- To communicate with the Pastry Chef on a regular basis.