Galley Utility - French Market (M/F)
- Rua de Miragaia, 4050-430 Porto, Portugal
- Funcao / Job: Galley Utility
Mystic Cruises is an expedition ocean cruise line offering an incredibly intimate view of some of the world’s most exciting destinations, including Antarctica, the Arctic region, Northern Europe, and the Mediterranean, in an ecofriendly way, but with all the comfort of a fivestar service. Mystic Cruises sail into the heart of landmark cities, as well as to small, exclusive ports where larger vessels cannot enter, to provide our guests onceinalifetime experiences. With a strong commitment to environmental sustainability, Mystic Cruises implemented technological innovations on its ships in order to ensure a minimal impact of its operations.
- To clean Galleys and food outlets (including dishwashing and sanitation of china, glassware and silver) according to schedule and instruction from the #1 Utility;
- To follow the Shipboard Sanitation and Health Program in regard to cleaning and to ensure that all that all pertinent SMS, Health and Sanitation regulations (USPH and all other Port Health Authorities) are being upheld in his area of responsibility at all times;
- To ensure that all Electrical and Mechanical Galley Equipment is cleaned according to the Manufacturers Manuals to avoid damage and personal injury;
- To follow proper garbage disposal and separation procedures (including colour coding as per Company Environmental policy);
- To follow proper procedures to storing, using and disposing of Chemicals and to ensure that the necessary safety precautions are taken as per the Company Environmental policy;
- To ensure smooth operation during meal hours for china, glassware and silverware;
- To keep assigned lockers clean and tidy at all times and in accordance to safety rules and regulations;
- To ensure that all cleaning equipment is properly and securely stored away when not on duty;
- To follow and execute the Shipboard Sanitation Program, and to complete and update all Sanitation Log sheets;
- To do additional duties in other departments (gangway duties, storing, luggage handling, etc.) as necessary;
- To report work orders to the #1 Utility when deficiencies are noted or when maintenance is required and to follow up on the work orders in a timely manner;
- To complete a Work Registration Form correctly every week and to submit it to the Galley Utility #1 in a timely manner;
- To adhere to all Company Policies and Procedures, Manuals and Directives;
- Other responsibilities, as assigned, but not limited to the above.
- College degree beneficial, preferably a Hotel and Restaurant Management graduate or other related course(s);
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in hotel or a one (1) year onboard a cruise ship in a similar position required;
- Basic knowledge of Public Health and Sanitation Regulations and Procedures preferred;
- Very good spoken English;
- Good communication skills;
- Must have very good organizational skills and show attention to detail;
- Must undergo onboard USPH and HACCP training;
- Must have initiative and the ability to work independently;
- Must be able to remain calm under pressure;
- Must be service minded with an outgoing, charming and friendly personality.
- To be cost conscious with the use of cleaning materials and consumables;
- To keep water consumption down and to and limit water damage on equipment by using water properly and effectively during cleaning;
- To keep crockery and glassware breakages to a minimum;
- To ensure that Company property is maintained and treated with respect at all times.
- To properly use Personal Protective Equipment in work areas at all times;
- To practice Safe Lifting Techniques at all times;
- To practice Safe/Proper Galley Equipment handling at all times;
- To be familiar with the Ship`s Emergency Plan;
- To do In Port Manning duties as scheduled and as required by Company policy.
- To follow instructions noted on Safety Card;
- To participate in Guest/Crew Lifeboat Drills as per instructions;
- Other safety responsibilities, as assigned, but not limited to the above.
Team Communication and Meetings
- To communicate with the Galley Department;
- To communicate with the #1 Utility on a daily basis.