Crew Mess Attendant French Market (M/F)
- Rua de Miragaia 103, 4050-386 Porto, Portugal
- Funcao / Job: Crew Mess Attendant Job
Mystic Cruises is an expedition ocean cruise line offering an incredibly intimate view of some of the world’s most exciting destinations, including Antarctica, the Arctic region, Northern Europe, and the Mediterranean, in an ecofriendly way, but with all the comfort of a fivestar service. Mystic Cruises sail into the heart of landmark cities, as well as to small, exclusive ports where larger vessels cannot enter, to provide our guests once in a lifetime experiences. With a strong commitment to environmental sustainability, Mystic Cruises implemented technological innovations on its ships in order to ensure a minimal impact of its operations.
- To supervise the operation in the Crew Mess and to ensure that the highest standards of cleanliness are maintained at all times, following the details of USPH and HACCP standards;
- To ensure that the coffee machines in the Crew Mess are cleaned and refilled properly as per schedule and according to maintenance manuals;
- Refill the food in Crew Mess;
- Make sure that equipment is functional;
- Follow instructions given by Maitre d’Hotel;
- To perform regular inspections and to follow up accordingly to ensure proper cleaning procedures and maintenance of the Crew Mess;
- To ensure smooth operation during meal hours for cutlery, crockery and glassware in the Crew Mess, and to ensure proper rotation of linen when applicable;
- To do additional duties (storing, luggage handling etc.,) as necessary and as scheduled by the supervisor;
- To deal with any Maintenance issues which may arise in the Crew Mess and to report it in and to follow up on the work orders in a timely manner;
- To ensure to adhere all Company Policies and Procedures, Manuals and Directives;
- Other responsibilities, as assigned by the supervisors, but not limited to the above.
- High school diploma required;
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in a hotel or one (1) year on board a cruise ship in a similar position;
- Very good spoken English;
- Any additional foreign language skills are a plus;
- Very good organizational skills are necessary along with the ability to multitask;
- Must possess a team spirit and the ability to interact with all levels of people;
- Must be able to communicate and implement corrective action steps in an effective, yet diplomatic fashion;
- Must be able to perform well under pressure;
- Needs to have an outgoing personality and has to possess a positive attitude, maintaining a friendly and approachable demeanour at all times.
- To monitor food waste;
- To monitor and control the use of cleaning materials and consumables for the Crew and Officer Mess;
- To ensure that Company property is maintained properly and treated with respect at all times.
- To ensure that the proper use of Personal Protective Equipment in the mess is implemented at all times;
- To ensure that proper Safe Lifting Techniques are practiced at all times in the Mess;
- To be familiar with Ship´s Emergency plans;
- To be familiar with Safe Working Practices.
- To follow instructions on Safety Card;
- To participate in Guest/Crew Lifeboat Drills as per instructions;
- Other safety responsibilities, as assigned, but not limited to the above.
Team Communication and Meetings
- To communicate with the Maitre d’ Hotel on a regular basis;
- Take part in F&B meetings on a regular basis.