Provision Master - French Market (M/F)
- Rua de Miragaia 103, 4050-386 Porto, Portugal
- Funcao / Job: Provision Master
Mystic Cruises is an expedition ocean cruise line offering an incredibly intimate view of some of the world’s most exciting destinations, including Antarctica, the Arctic region, Northern Europe, and the Mediterranean, in an ecofriendly way, but with all the comfort of a fivestar service. Mystic Cruises sail into the heart of landmark cities, as well as to small, exclusive ports where larger vessels cannot enter, to provide our guests once in a lifetime experiences. With a strong commitment to environmental sustainability, Mystic Cruises implemented technological innovations on its ships in order to ensure a minimal impact of its operations.
- To submit order proposals for Subsistence, Bonded, Consumables, Uniforms, Linen, Entertainment supplies and equipment and all other items as requested for the Hotel Department;
- To ensure that items requested do not exceed ships storage capacity and/or affect ships safety;
- To oversee the cleaning procedures and maintenance of all store rooms and Provision areas;
- To oversee the daily operation of food, beverage and consumable issuing;
- To ensure that USPH standards are maintained at all times;
- To process all invoices and Purchase Orders in MXP;
- To follow up on shortages, credits and upcoming challenges through constant communication with the Purchasing Department at the Mystic Office;
- To prepare the ship's requisitions and in port purchase orders;
- To organize loadings in conjunction with other departments onboard and according to company policies and USPH standards;
- To receive, issue and to spot check all Hotel related items in store;
- To conduct a full bonded inventory every month as per Policy;
- To plan ahead for all upcoming cruises;
- To train, coach, counsel, support and delegate the Provision Staff;
- To deal with any maintenance issues which may arise in the Provision area and to report and follow up on the work orders in a timely manner;
- To monitor and develop the Work and Vacation schedules and to conduct Performance Appraisals for the Provision Staff;
- To ensure that Provision Department overtime is submitted to the Chief Purser in a timely manner;
- To ensure that all Provision Work Registration Forms are completed accurately and handed in to the Chief Purser in a timely manner;
- To adhere to and to ensure that the Provision Staff adheres to all Company Policies and Procedures, Manuals and Directives;
- Other responsibilities, as assigned, but not limited to the above.
- College Degree/Diploma and/or Hotel Management School or other relevant apprenticeship in the food service industry required;
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in a hotel or two (2) years’ experience onboard a cruise ship in a similar position;
- Food and Beverage product knowledge is required;
- Previous Accounting and/or Hotel Stores experience beneficial;
- Must be fluent in written and spoken English;
- Must have very good administrative skills (proficient in Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and any shipspecific purchasing program) knowledge in MXP beneficial;
- Must have excellent organizational skills and show attention to detail;
- Must possess excellent leadership skills and the ability to interact with all levels of personnel;
- Must be able to communicate and implement corrective action steps in an effective, yet diplomatic fashion;
- Must be able to remain calm under pressure;
- Needs to have an outgoing personality and has to possess a positive attitude, maintaining a friendly and approachable demeanour at all times.
- To create orders in accordance with Freight Budget;
- To check invoices for errors, make credit request for spoilage or shortages made by vendors;
- To ensure we receive items according to specification;
- To monitor and control all Hotel Stores inventories;
- To monitor and control vacation schedules and consequently Travel costs for the Hotel Stores Department;
- To monitor and control all Hotel Stores expenditures to ensure that it stays within the limits of the Consumable and M&R Budget;
- Calculation and submission of daily Food Cost;
- To ensure that Company property is maintained properly and treated with respect at all times.
- To ensure that the proper use of Personal Protective Equipment in the Provision work areas is implemented at all times;
- To ensure that hazardous materials are properly received, stored, handled and distributed;
- To ensure that Safe Lifting Techniques are practiced at all times in the Provision Department;
- To be familiar with Ship´s Emergency plans;
- To be familiar with Safe Working Practices.
- To follow instructions on Safety Card;
- To participate in Guest/Crew Lifeboat Drills as per instructions;
- Other safety responsibilities, as assigned, but not limited to the above.
Team Communication and Meetings
- To schedule and conduct meetings with the Utility Provision;
- To attend the Hotel Manager’s Meeting every day;
- To communicate with the Mystic Head Office on a regular basis;
- To communicate with the Maitre D, Chief Bartender, Executive Chef and all other Department Heads on a regular basis;
- To encourage and demonstrate good communication, excellent teamwork and continuous training, coaching and counseling.