Corporate Sommelier (M/F)
- Rua de Miragaia 103, 4050-386 Porto, Portugal
- Funcao / Job: Sommelier
DouroAzul is the main Portuguese river cruise company and one of the most dynamic tourism groups in Portugal. Founded in 1993, DouroAzul has been committed to providing the highest quality of service to its guests since the beginning, maintaining the traditional charm of the culture of the Douro region. With a fleet of 13 modern luxury river cruise ships, DouroAzul offers all customers the possibility of getting to know the Douro, its culture and a breathtaking landscape, with luxury and comfort. DouroAzul was elected the best river cruise company in Europe at the World Travel Awards in 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019.
We are strengthening our team by hiring a Corporate Sommelier (M / F). This professional will have as main responsibilities:
- Train teams to support customers in the wine selection and purchase process, informing them about the different options available and their characteristics, regions, etc .;
- Promote, conduct and participate in wine tasting events;
- Participate in the process of choosing the wine range for the ship’s wine list;
- Professional experience in the role;
- Professional training as Sommelier
- Excellent Communication Skills;
- Knowledge of management, stock control, purchases and prices of goods with the budget;
- Knowledge of Wine and Bar Charters and respective technical sheets;
- Leadership skills, team management and conflict management;
- Training capacity according to the standards defined by the company;
- Availability to attend the operation on board the ships;
- Oriented to train in-house crew with focus on service quality;
- Driving license;
- Good computer skills;
- Proficiency in English (mandatory) and knowledge of other languages (valued).
- Excellent opportunity to perform an attractive role on cruise ships, in a unique environment of contact with tourists from all over the world;
- Conditions for professional development and evolution according to performance;
- Training opportunity in excellent service standards; Salary compatible with the function / experience shown.