Housekeeping Manager (M/F)
- Rua de Miragaia 103, 4050-386 Porto, Portugal
- Funcao / Job: Housekeeping Manager
Mystic Cruises is an expedition ocean cruise line offering an incredibly intimate view of some of the world’s most exciting destinations, including Antarctica, the Arctic region, Northern Europe, and the Mediterranean, in an ecofriendly way, but with all the comfort of a fivestar service. Mystic Cruises sail into the heart of landmark cities, as well as to small, exclusive ports where larger vessels cannot enter, to provide our guests once in a lifetime experiences. With a strong commitment to environmental sustainability, Mystic Cruises implemented technological innovations on its ships in order to ensure a minimal impact of its operations.
- To oversee the daily Housekeeping operation, cleaning procedures and maintenance of all Guest areas including cabins, laundries, public areas and public restrooms;
- To ensure that the entire Housekeeping Department is updated with relevant shipboard information at all times;
- To monitor and develop the Work schedules, Section Plans and Vacation schedules and to conduct Performance Appraisals for the Housekeeping Staff;
- To coordinate the execution of necessary Maintenance issues in conjunction with the Safety Officer based on Stateroom availability;
- To ensure that any Maintenance issues in Guest areas are reported in a timely manner and that the work orders are followed up on accordingly;
- To order, receive and monitor all linen on board;
- To monitor and control the inventory of all Housekeeping locker, pantries and crew uniforms;
- To ensure that all Housekeeping Work Registration Forms are completed correctly and handed in to the Chief Purser in a timely manner;
- To ensure that Housekeeping Overtime is submitted to the Hotel Manager and the Chief Purser in a timely manner;
- To adhere to, and to ensure that the Housekeeping Department Staff adheres to all Company Policies and Procedures, Manuals and Directives;
- Other responsibilities, as assigned, but not limited to the above;
- College Degree/Diploma beneficial;
- Hotel Management School beneficial;
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience hotel or one (1) year experience onboard a cruise ship in a Housekeeping Supervisory/Managerial position preferred;
- Must be fluent in written and spoken English;
- Advanced German or French skills required for this position, any additional foreign language skills are a plus;
- Excellent interpersonal and public communication skills;
- Must have very good administrative skills (proficient in Outlook, Word and Excel);
- Must have excellent organizational skills and show attention to detail;
- Must possess excellent leadership and human resource management skills and the ability to interact with all levels of people;
- Must be able to communicate and implement corrective action steps in an effective, yet diplomatic fashion;
- Must be able to remain calm under pressure;
- Needs to have an outgoing personality and has to possess a positive attitude, maintaining a friendly and approachable demeanour at all times.
- To monitor and control the use of cleaning materials and consumables in the Housekeeping Department;
- To monitor and control wage and overtime for the Housekeeping Staff;
- To monitor and control vacation schedules for the Housekeeping Staff;
- To monitor and control stock and issuing of linen, uniforms and shoes;
- To ensure that Company property is maintained properly and treated with respect at all times.
- To ensure that the proper use of Personal Protective Equipment in the Housekeeping work areas is implemented at all times;
- To ensure that Safe Lifting Techniques are practiced at all times in the Housekeeping Department;
- To be familiar with Ship´s Emergency plans;
- To be familiar with Safe Working Practices.
- To follow instructions on Safety Card;
- To participate in Guest/Crew Lifeboat Drills as per instructions;
- Other safety responsibilities, as assigned, but not limited to the above.
Team Communication and Meetings
- To schedule and conduct meetings with the Housekeeping Staff every cruise;
- To schedule and conduct meetings with the Laundry Master;
- To attend the Hotel Manager’s Meeting every cruise as well as the Hotel Manager’s daily morning meetings;
- To encourage and demonstrate good communication, excellent teamwork and continuous training, coaching and counseling.