Contracts and Bidding Officer
Our Client is an indigenous oil & gas servicing company providing a vast range of services ranging from marine support operations, maritime security, vessel chartering, and marine consultancy. They seek to hire an experienced Contracts and Bidding Officer. As the Marine Operations Lead, you are an active participant in the strategic and daily execution of the operations functions, performing numerous tasks
- Cultivate appropriate market intelligence in the oil industry to provide current market trends in the industry for company use.
- Gather new intelligence for the preparation of reports, tenders, and presentations that aid the organization win new contracts in ongoing and future projects.
- Review and understand the client’s prequalification, Invitation to tender/request for quotation documents.
- Evaluate technical and commercial proposals and report back to management for appropriate action.
- Interpret the client’s technical and commercial specifications and produce a complaint proposal or offer more suitable alternatives where appropriate.
- Organize tender review and bid preparation activities.
- Coordinate the preparation, compilation, and submission of Pre-Qualifications, ITT, RFQ through the NIPEX portal, the bid portals of other IOCs, Commercial Bid, and formal Tender submissions from receipt of requests from clients and review clarifications, to award and handover to the execution teams.
- Ensure timely preparation and submission of technical & commercial tenders and contracts according to the requirements of each tender or contract and client.
- Ensure all data and information required to submit a successful technical tender and prequalification package are obtained and involved in each tender. The desired result of every prequalification package and technical tender is a pass for Company.
- Monitor the Tender submission process for completeness, consistency, and compliance.
- Follow up on tenders especially by being aware of the evaluation period, project budget, marking scheme before tenders submission, scores, etc.
- Interface with suppliers for quotations in line with client's requirements.
- Attended all necessary meetings with parties involved in the bidding process and negotiation phase and maintained contact with partners and subcontractors during the bidding process phase.
- To secure maritime equipment leasing contracts that can be executed by vessels owned by other companies.
- Ensures contact with technical partners, JV partners, and nominated subcontractors and nominated subcontractors during the bidding process phase.
- Coordinate planning/cost control activities for tender preparation and tender department.
- Accountable for the preparation and delivery of technical presentations to explain products and services to customers - tasked with an increasing market share of commodity chemicals, drilling, and subsea chemicals, oil tools, etc to oil and gas companies operating in Nigeria.
- In charge of company registration/interface with agencies, regulators, and other stakeholders statutory licenses and documentation required in the qualification for Tenders certificate (NCDMB, NCEC, DPR, PENCOM, NSITF, Nigerian Petroleum Exchange NIPEX, NIMASA, etc.).
- Accountable for the preparation of required documents for the company’s regularization for the audit process carried out by NIPEX and other corporate bodies.
- Source for business for the Vessel and sign Charter Party Agreement (CPA) with charterers after carrying out due diligence of the nature of business the charterer wishes to engage in.
- Anchor and coordinate the implementation of all AGO supply and delivery contracts while working in strict compliance with the contractual framework for supply and delivery.
- Saddled with the responsibilities of seeking out vessel charterers, negotiating, and sealing deals, and drafting and signing Charter Party Agreements (CPA) with vessel charterers.
- Keep all submitted tenders in a safe and secure electronic repository as provided by Company.
- Draft negotiated and review contracts, agreements, evaluate legal documents, Commercial Deeds, Consultancy agreements, MOU, tripartite agreements, and correspondence and proffer appropriate legal advice and opinion on regulatory matters.
- Review and monitor all company’s litigation matters, act as a primary liaison for external solicitors regarding corporate transactions and advice the company appropriately.
- Ensured that prompt and qualitative legal support/advise is provided to management and all relevant stakeholders in order to ensure operational efficiency and that risk is mitigated.
- At least 3 years of cognate work experience with relevant experience in procurement, contracting, and bidding activity.
- A good first degree or its equivalent from a reputable university.
- Produces reports and statistics using computer software.
- Knowledge of purchasing practices/procedures; contracting, bidding on Nipex and the bid platforms of other International Oil and Gas companies
- Skilled in preparing/analyzing complex technical specifications & bids.
- Skilled in both verbal and written communication & Numerical skills.
- Skilled in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Has been in attendant of meetings with suppliers and negotiating teams of contract.
Deadline for submission is November 30, 2022. Interviews are on a rolling basis to this date. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Remuneration is competitive