- Port- Harcourt, Port- Harcourt, Rivers, Nigeria
Our client is a specialty chemical and fluid management and engineering solutions company, supplying key chemicals and production solutions to a wide range of customers operating in the downstream oil and gas, FMCGs automotive, and industrial sectors in Africa.
They are a market leader in designing, formulating, and producing oilfield chemicals for production and completions applications. With a focus on delivering differentiated chemical technologies to drive performance. To deliver on these commitments and acquire future businesses, they are seeking the right Procurement Lead responsible for procurement planning, costing, negotiation, warranties, specifications, and related supply chain and logistics management functions for several projects. The Procurement Lead shall handle all material purchases related to the entire repairs in the company. He/She shall account for every material and its effective end usage.
- Overseeing and supervising all activities of the procurement and supply chain department.
- Participate in prequalification of suppliers as necessary and evaluation of commercial bids
- Preparing plans for the purchase of equipment, services, and supplies.
- Following and enforcing the company's procurement policies and procedures.
- Reviewing, comparing, analyzing, and approving products and services to be purchased.
- Managing inventories and maintaining accurate purchase and pricing records.
- Maintaining and updating supplier information such as qualifications, delivery times, product ranges, etc.
- Ensure all Contract and Purchase Order close-out is undertaken in a timely manner, including the resolution of claims as and when required
- Maintaining good supplier relations and negotiating contracts
- Researching and evaluating prospective suppliers.
- Preparing budgets, cost analyses, and reports.
- Negotiate contract terms of agreement and pricing
- Track orders and ensure timely delivery
- Review quality of purchased products
- Attend trade shows and exhibitions to stay up-to-date with industry trends
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering ( Petroleum, Mechanical, etc.) from any accredited University
- 7+ years of experience in Procurement within the Oil and Gas sector
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and purchasing software.
- Strategic Procurement skills acquired within the oil and gas sector
- Ability to exploit opportunities to gain the best value in procurement and supplier management
- Possess in-depth knowledge and experience of a diverse range of markets and commodities in the oil and gas sector
- Proficient in design, implementation, and management of inventory control systems
- General knowledge of the Nigerian Oil and Gas market must be very good.
- Have a high level of commercial acumen
- A proactive self-starter and achiever
- Sound Negotiation skills
- Pro-active customer relationship management skills
- Exceptional Negotiation skills
- Team leadership skills
- Knowledge of Supply chain management skills
- Proven experience in managing vendor relationships, global logistics management
Remuneration is competitive along with other benefits
The Deadline for submission is October 30, 2021. Interviews are on a rolling basis to this date. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Further assessments may be required.