Account Manager Oilfield Chemicals
Our client is a speciality chemical and fluid management and engineering solutions company, supplying key chemicals and production solutions to a wide range of customers operating in the downstream oil and gas, automotive and industrial sectors in Africa.
They are a market leader in designing, formulating and producing oilfield chemicals for production and completions applications. With a focus on delivering differentiated chemical technologies to drive performance. They support customers and projects in 5 deep-water assets in Nigeria. To deliver on these commitments and acquire future businesses, they are seeking an experienced Account Manager Oilfield Chemicals to join our team in Lagos and Port - Harcourt, Nigeria.
The ideal candidate should have a production chemicals background and be able to oversee a portfolio of assigned customers. The incumbent should develop new businesses from existing relationships as well as seeking new sales opportunities within the industry.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain strong, long-lasting business relationships with clients across major IOCs, independent producers and service companies in the oil and gas industry.
- Identify new business opportunities for various production chemicals to meet revenue targets.
- Timely and successful delivery of chemical solutions to various clients according to their needs and objectives.
- Identify opportunities to grow new businesses with existing clients.
- Provide technical services to solve clients’ production challenges and enhance production capabilities.
- Serve as the lead point of contact to coordinate the resolution of service incidents and escalation of technical issues.
- Liaise with customers and cross-functional internal teams to ensure timely and successful delivery of company products and solutions according to customers’ needs.
- Manage multiple clients concurrently, often meeting deadlines and fulfilling service promises.
- Provide appropriate technical support and services to clients on all company products and services as may be required.
- Understand the growing trends in the production chemistry and advise as may be necessary.
- Initiates and coordinates the development of action plans to penetrate new markets.
- Assists in the development and implementation of marketing plans as needed.
- Carry out market research, competitor and customer surveys.
- B.Sc./B.Eng/HND with a minimum of Second Class Upper Division (2.1)/Upper Credit in Chemistry/Chemical Engineering/Industrial Chemistry or related field.
- Master’s degree in a related field is required.
- Relevant professional qualification/certification is a plus.
- Minimum of 10 years cognate experience as Account Manager, Technical Sales Manager, Oilfield Chemical Business Development or relevant sales role within the oilfield chemical industry.
- Good knowledge of production chemical formulation and application.
- Experience with budget/revenue management.
- Good exposure to business engagement at various levels up to the ‘C’ level.
- Demonstrable ability to communicate, present and influence key stakeholders at all levels of an organization.
Suitable candidates are required in Lagos and Port-Harcourt respectively.
Remuneration is competitive along with other benefits
The Deadline for submission is October 30, 2021. Interviews are on a rolling basis to this date. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Further assessments may be required.