Apparel Technical Designer/Pattern Maker
- Lekki Lagos, Lagos, Lagos, Nigeria
Our Client has an immediate opening for an Apparel Technical Designer/Pattern Maker to join their apparel production factory located within Lekki, Lagos , Nigeria.
- Provide sustaining technical design/pattern making support to the garment manufacturing.
- Design responsibility for customer option/garment customization requests.
- Create pattern models to meet garment specifications for existing product lines.
- Modify existing work instructions/tech packs.
- Work with manufacturing to establish and document best practices.
- Ability to investigate to identify parts and gain an understanding of assembly to apply to TP building.
- Make appropriate recommendations in collaboration with peer teams on matters pertaining to specifications, patterns, construction methods, and techniques to improve the overall quality of the garment.
- Meeting with product designers to discuss the base design.
- Reading and interpreting design models and blueprints.
- Creating rough-draft templates using computer drafting software and freehand techniques.
- Measuring, cutting, and designing patterns in the material required.
- Double-checking the pattern dimensions and style.
- Sending the initial pattern for a manufacture check.
- Meeting with production officer and designers to review the final
- Secondary School Cert. HND, OND , Bachelors
- Knowledge of garment construction standards and manufacturing methods.
- Ability to understand and generate Tech Packs.
- Effective verbal and written technical communication skills.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Experience Adobe Illustrator
- On site factory position.
- A proficiency test will be given during interview.
- Experience in apparel grading and grade rule development.
- Experience with Adobe Illustrator.
- Understanding of ergonomic design and its effect on manufacturability.
- Understanding of project management.
- Previous experience as a patternmaker.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and design models.
- Ability to work to a deadline.
- Physically fit and able to stand for long periods.
Remuneration is competitive along with other benefits
The Deadline for submission is June 30, 2021. Interviews are on a rolling basis to this date. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Further assessments shall be required