- Victoria Island, Lagos, Lagos, Nigeria
Our client is a fast-rising international news media company building a respected media brand, across television, mobile, and web. Their key objective is to bring Africa to the world, by telling the true African story from an African perspective, using diversity, creativity, and technology. They seek to hire a Business Reporter to be a proactive, editorial, and meticulously organized individual. You will work directly with the Head Newsroom, to execute cross-platform business news coverage on pan African and global business stories.
- Report and write news stories for publication or broadcast, describing the background and details of events.
- Arrange interviews with people who can provide information about a story.
- Work alongside correspondents and producers in story research.
- Support field teams with in-house production.
- Research and analyze background information related to stories to be able to provide complete and accurate information.
- Gather information about events through research, interviews, experience, and attendance at political, news, sports, artistic, social, and other functions.
- Investigate breaking news developments such as disasters, crimes, and human-angle stories.
- Field producing opportunities.
- Travel assignments for large breaking news events is possible. (Note: you could spend long periods of time in the elements - i.e. extreme heat/cold, rain, etc).
- Occasionally write digital wire stories.
- You should have a front row seat as history unfolds before your eyes.
- Bachelor’s degree Journalism or related field preferred.
- Social media savvy
- Professional phone manners
- Strong code of ethics.
- Positive attitude.
- Strong desire to work in the field,learn and contribute to journalism from some of the best in class business news.
Deadline for submission is April 30, 2021. Interviews are on a rolling basis to this date. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Remuneration is competitive