- Abuja, Abuja, Nigeria
Our client is a knowledge and risk-based driver verification, training and certification institute with offices in Abuja, Lagos, Port Harcourt and Kano.
They seek to hire goal driven and qualified candidate to fill the position of an Account Officer.
- Prepare, examine, or analyze accounting records, financial statements, or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Report to line manager regarding the finances of establishment.
- Establish charts of accounts and assign entries to proper accounts.
- Develop, implement, modify, and document recordkeeping and accounting systems, making use of current technology or designated ERP.
- Compute taxes owed and prepare tax returns, ensuring compliance with payment, reporting or other tax requirements (make VAT and PAYE returns to relevant tax authorities).
- Maintain or examine the records of government agencies.
- Develop, maintain, and analyze budgets, preparing periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs.
- Analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations, to project future revenues and expenses or to provide advice.
- Assemble spreadsheets and draw charts and graphs used to illustrate technical reports.
- Analyze financial information to produce forecasts of business, industry, and economic conditions for use in making investment decisions.
- Interpret data affecting investment programs, such as price, yield, stability, future trends in investment risks, and economic influences.
- Monitor fundamental economic, industrial, and corporate developments through the analysis of information obtained from financial publications and services, investment banking firms, government agencies, trade publications, company sources, and personal interviews.
- Prepare plans of action for investment based on financial analyses.
- Any other responsibilities assigned by line manager.
- Perform intercompany (related companies) reconciliations using appropriate templates.
- Perform data entries in ERP for all cash transactions from the manual cashbook prepared by the Treasury Officer.
- Perform data entries in ERP for other transactions as delegated by the Finance Manager.
- 3 years and above related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Evidence of professional certification (s) or in the process of acquiring one.
- Excellent Observation Abilities.
- Capable of working independently and with minimum supervision.
- Logical approach to identifying and evaluating issues and problem solving.
- Well-developed organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple assignments.
- Displays awareness of the need for confidentially in sensitive matters.
- Demonstrated job commitment and personal flexibility to meet changing expectations.
- Commitment to self-development and expansion of knowledge.
- Ability to Conduct and Evaluate Research.
- Demonstrate Working Knowledge and Expertise.
- Good Decision Making.
- Excellent communications both verbal and written.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good Analytical skills.
- Has a strong knowledge in the use of Finance ERP (Sage and customized ERP).
- Excellent commands over excel and word.
Deadline for submission is March 31. Interviews are on a rolling basis to this date. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Remuneration is competitive