Driving School Instructor
- Lagos - Abuja - Port-Harcourt - Kano, Nigeria, Lagos - Abuja - Port-Harcourt - Kano, Nigeria
Our client is a knowledge and risk-based driver verification, training and certification institute with offices in Abuja, Lagos, Port Harcourt and Kano.
They are seeking to hire Driving Instructors who will use their technology platform and proprietary system to verify, train and certify drivers.
The Driving Instructor must pass our rigorous training that will enable the Instructor transform our trainees into professional road users. He will be responsible for teaching commercial and private drivers on traffic rules and safety driving procedures. Our ideal candidate should be able to use our proprietary course plans to instruct, coordinate examinations and have a high level of integrity. In this role, He will also facilitate hands-on driving with students behind the wheel, monitoring their progress and helping them put driving concepts into practice. The Driver Instructor should be a good driver, with the ability to exhibit patience, supply students with information for emergency situations and follow the rules of law enforcement.
Their work /job functions include but not limited to:
- Instructing students under actual driving conditions, explaining safe driving techniques and demonstrating safe operation of vehicles
- Train students on driving laws, the Highway Code and safe road use for all users
- Provide accurate and detailed knowledge of the rules of the road.
- Create an interactive and positive learning environment
- Evaluate each learner's driving knowledge and ability to determine progress made and give constructive feedback on each learner.
- Demonstrate how to deal with emergency situations
- Grade students’ work and evaluate their progress, providing weekly reports as needed
- Teach students on basic vehicle checks
- Minimum of HND or its equivalent.
- Age 25-30 years
- Valid Driver’s License
- Clear driving record.
- Clear criminal record.
- Strong coaching skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Has knowledge about traffic laws
- Ability to motivate students, particularly older trainees with limited education.
- Has Patience and enthusiasm.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Emotional Intelligence
- Ability to travel
- Must be able to speak and teach in one of the three major languages (Igbo, Hausa or Yoruba).
Interested candidates should please note that having a valid driver's licence is a requirement.
Deadline for submission is Febraury 27, 2021. Interviews are on a rolling basis to this date. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.