- Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria
- Employees can work remotely
Our client in the Media Industry urgently requires the services of a suitably qualified candidate to fill the position of a Brand Manager. Role Summary
You will be tasked with developing brand strategies to help improve brand recognition and build a positive image for the company to create integrated marketing campaigns & assist in product development. You will play a pivotal role in growing business, customer base, and improving stakeholder experience. You are expected to be innovative, web and multimedia savvy.
In summary, you are responsible for adapting a brand strategy for the company's target market. As the 'brand guardian', you drive and ensure the maintenance of the client's brand integrity across all company marketing initiatives and communications and may manage a portfolio of products.
- Developing strategies and managing marketing campaigns across print, broadcast, and online platforms to ensure that products and services meet customers’ expectations and to build the credibility of brands
- Managing brand strategy, including the setting of style guides, brand guidelines, brand vision and value proposition for short as well as long term
- Planning and execution of all communications and media actions on all channels, including online and social media
- Assisting with product development, pricing and new product launches as well as working with the Business Development team to develop new business opportunities
- Creating and managing promotional collateral to establish and maintain product branding
- Managing the budget for advertising and promotional items
- Competitor and customer insights analysis
- Keeping up with competitors across markets to keep up to date with trends, as well as trying to predict future trends
- Measurement and evaluation of marketing communication campaigns, reviewing the success of marketing campaigns and creating reports
- Supervising advertising, product/service design and other forms of marketing to maintain consistency in branding
- Meeting with clients and working with colleagues across multiple departments(such as Production, Digital, Business Development Managers etc.)
- Managing brand budgets across departmental touchpoints
- Overseeing the organization of events such as product launches, exhibitions, and photo shoots.
- Collaborating with Business Development team develops marketing partnerships with retailers, media partners, and other external partners to broaden the reach of the business’s brand messaging.
- Conducts research and analyses, translating campaign performance into communication documents and reports, which are distributed to senior brand marketing management and key stakeholders. Some of these documents are marketing briefs, competitive analyses, campaign recap decks, and so forth.
- In charge of providing strategic input and direction for the brand, developing non-campaign brands while keeping the company’s vision, mission, and objectives in mind; and advising internal and external stakeholders on issues relevant to the brand.
- Bachelor’s Degree in advertising, Marketing, Communication Social Science or equivalent.
- 5+ years' experience in brand or product management
- Analytical skills and attention to detail
- An understanding of trends and an ability to respond to customers’ wishes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to manage and allocate budgets
- Experience with and an understanding of market research
- Time and project management skills, including the ability to work on multiple
projects at the same time
- An ability to think strategically and come up with campaigns
- Firm grasp of emerging digital tools.
- Brand awareness - a clear understanding of brands and the marketing mix
- Determination and perseverance
- Relationship management skills
- A strong focus on results
- A high degree of business acumen
- Thorough understanding of the branding for the media industry and digital
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Insightful and perceptive.
- Business knowledge.
Deadline for submission is January 30, 2021. Interviews are on a rolling basis to this date. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Remuneration is competitive