Data Analyst - Programmer
- Lekki Phase I, Lagos, Lagos, Nigeria
Our client is an innovative provider of solutions to the Upstream and Middle stream Oil and Gas, Power and Renewables with bespoke service solutions in Feasibility Studies, Conceptual Design, Front End Engineering and Deign, Engineering, Procurement, Installation and Commissioning of Processes, Mechanical, Electrical, Instrumentation, Control and Telecom systems.
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports
- Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Filter and “clean” data by reviewing computer reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems
- Work with management to prioritize business and information needs
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities
- Managing master data, including creation, updates, and deletion
- Provide quality assurance of imported data
- Commissioning and decommissioning of data sets
- Processing confidential data and information according to guidelines
- Helping develop reports and analysis, Managing and designing the reporting environment, including data sources, security, and metadata.
- Supporting the data warehouse in identifying and revising reporting requirements.
- Supporting initiatives for data integrity and normalization.
- Assessing tests and implementing new or upgraded software and assisting with strategic decisions on new systems.
- Generating reports from single or multiple systems
- Troubleshooting the reporting database environment and reports
- Evaluating changes and updates to source the Retail Systems
- Training end users on new reports and dashboards
- Providing technical expertise on data storage structures, data mining, and data cleansing
- Graduate in Computer Science Discipline, Maths or Statistics and relevant certification.
- Proven work experience with minimum 4 years of experience in R, R Studio, Python, Data Analytic Tools.
- Proven working experience as a data analyst or business data analyst
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS etc)
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
- Talented, smart, passionate and experienced/certified Data Analyst to help analyse and interpret data for business performance across all business lines
- The Data Analyst will turn data into information, information into insight and insight into business decisions.
- S/he should have a strong grasp of data acquisition and management tools and strategies and be able to monitor performance and quality control plans to identify improvements
Deadline for submission is April 15, 2020. Interviews are on a rolling basis to this date. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Renumeration is competitive