Software Engineering Intern
- Remote / Work from home / College, Hyderabad, Telangana
At mydilse.org, we empower public school teachers from across the country to bring their classroom dreams to life. We do this by bridging the gap between the ones in need and the ones willing to help. And in this journey we are looking for ambitious and enthusiastic students to join us in making the difference. The mydilse internship will provide you with an unforgettable experience in a fast-paced, dynamic environment; it will boost your resume and will provide a splendid platform to innovate, network and create impact.
We are a unique and transparent online platform that caters public school teachers’ request for much-needed school supplies and a fine learning experience for their students in the not so developed schools.
We make it easy for teachers, alumni’s, individual and institutional donors to connect and help each other. Financial limits shouldn’t translate into an inferior education for kids. Students deserve rewarding and exciting new educational experiences, and teachers deserve access to the resources that will help them provide those without having to take a dip into their own paychecks to do so.
We have driven multiple successful projects and have received accredits from some leading media houses during this journey to make our nation a 100% literate country.
Our press coverage:
As a Software Engineering Intern, your analytical and technical skills will be challenged constantly. You need to have an attitude of rolling up your sleeves to complete a project that will contribute to improving the functionality and level of service that we promise to provide to our teachers and donors. Your role will also include: -
- Participating in building the most user-friendly crowdfunding tools in the industry
- Taking part in the design discussion and development
- Proposing ideas, participating in designing, implementing and testing solutions to help the community
- Meeting with the teachers and donors to learn about their needs and evaluate the proposed/implemented solution
- Partnering with the market analysis team to learn about the community-side requirements.
- We want to hire India’s brightest minds and offer them a challenging environment, where the uttermost goal is to learn and help improve the experience for our teachers and donors.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem-solving, and complexity analysis.
- Familiar with MySQL and Amazon RDS
- You are results-driven with analytical skills and the ability to innovate and simplify current processes and practices.
- You should have strong decision-making skills, that use sound reasoning and when required use consultation to achieve consensus.
- The personal drive and enthusiasm that makes you stand out from the crowd
- Version Control using Git or GitHub
- At ease with Linux
- Experience in testing (Unit, Integration)
- Agile development methodologies (SCRUM)
- Ability to work successfully in a remote (work from home) environment, to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workload even when faced with conflicting priorities.
- Certificate recognising your contributions
- Grass root level understanding of communities
- Lifetime membership for the NGO
Please submit your resume along with the cover letter. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until this position is filled.
The mydilse.org team works toward a nation where students in every community have the resources needed for an excellent education. To do this, we hire and support a diverse team of the best and the brightest talent available in the country.
We are an organization increasingly representative of the varied races and ethnicities, genders and sexual orientations, religious and political beliefs, and abilities that comprise our nation. mydilse.org focuses on attracting, retaining, and advancing diverse talent because it makes us more effective, high-performing, creative, and resilient.
If you love seeing your developments help improve real life, if you have a passion for using technology to improve processes, if you enjoy solving operational challenges by creating state of the art systems, and if you’re motivated by results and driven enough to achieve them, mydilse is a wonderful place to be