- 5792 W Jefferson Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90016, USA
- Employees can work remotely
MyTime is a fully integrated scheduling, payments, and automated marketing platform, specializing in large multi-location chains and franchises. Our mission critical software -- which includes in-store scheduling and online booking, client record management, email and SMS marketing, and a full point of sale for handling payments -- is used in every aspect of the customer journey. Our customers rely on their service businesses to remain competitive in the age of Amazon, and they need a next generation POS to help them achieve this growth. We aspire to be the “operating system” of their business.
We also made it easy to plug our online booking, payments and messaging capabilities into the places customers are found today, including Google Search, Facebook, Instagram, and the merchants’ own websites and mobile apps. Upon adopting MyTime, our customers see average revenue growth of up to 30% through improved operational efficiency, greater customer retention, and access to new customer acquisition channels.
Our product is used at over 14,000 locations across the globe, ranging from single-location sole proprietors to multi-billion dollar Fortune 500 chains. As a completely cloud-based solution, MyTime is designed for quick and easy deployments. It’s lauded for its ease-of-use and short ramp-up time, having won numerous awards such as the Best Commerce Product of 2017 from the Local Search Association.
MyTime is backed by Upfront Ventures and Khosla Ventures and was founded by Ethan Anderson, a successful serial entrepreneur whose first startup, Redbeacon, won TechCrunch50 in 2009 and was acquired by The Home Depot.
Come help us realize our vision of becoming the world’s leading online scheduling and local commerce platform!
You will play an active role in the development and maintenance of our 100% native iOS app (Swift and Objective-C) that provides mission critical functionality to our customers such as appointment scheduling, payments, and client engagement.
You will collaborate closely with our Head of Mobile Engineering, Product Managers, and our QA team to build and maintain a fast, reliable, app. We deeply value ownership, empowerment, proactivity, data-driven decisions, and user focus. At the end of the day, you'll be bringing our app to the next level following best practices with tests, deployments, optimization and performance analysis.
If you have the ability and attitude to assume more responsibilities as you grow with us, then this is a great opportunity for you!
Within 3 months you'll...
• Build, launch, and support your first big feature on the app.
• Master development patterns and collaborative processes. We work together to make work efficient.
• Refactor existing code to be more testable, write internal documentation, and test the features and systems. We take responsibility for communication and quality.
• Develop meaningful relationships with all contributors to our product and technology development. Our mantra is collaboration and inclusion.
Within 6 months you'll...
• Have made a valued impact on multiple products across our platform. We celebrate our success by measuring our impact, internally and externally.
• Understand major feature areas of our mobile applications and be comfortable switching from one to the other.
• Have participated in the architecture and implementation of new user-facing features. We communicate and collaborate on our architecture to achieve security, scalability, and maximum learning.
• Provide feedback during code-reviews.
Within 12 months you'll...
• Build within reliable estimates. We know this takes time, and we strive to be accurate with each other.
• Feel comfortable as a knowledge leader, teaching others and continuing to learn. We want to learn as much as we teach.
• Be an essential part of growing our team by fully participating in the hiring interview process. We share responsibility to grow our team.
You Should Apply If:
• You have built, designed and implemented a large piece of an iOS application, and would like to put your experience into building MyTime's platform.
• You have experience building applications using Objective C and/or Swift.
• You value beautiful and pixel perfect UI.
• You make decisions based on data and evidence.
• You enjoy iterative, agile development process with frequent releases.
• You take great pleasure in writing quality, highly maintainable code.
• You have experience with various iOS libraries and tooling.
• You find excitement in learning new business models and transferring such knowledge into beautiful software design.
• You like collaborating with multiple stakeholders within and outside the engineering team towards common goal.
2+ years of experience developing native iOS apps
Good knowledge of Objective-C and Swift
Good knowledge of iOS Frameworks, specially UIKit and Core Data
Experience with Instruments and XCTest
Experience using Git
Bonus Points :
Experience with refactoring large code bases
Experience with SwiftUI
Deployed apps on the App Store or Github (please link us the projects if applicable)
MyTime is an incredible place to work and grow your expertise! We offer a transparent and exciting startup culture that is singularly focused on empowering people to make an impact in their jobs. We’re growing fast and solving a big problem, providing our employees the opportunity to make the tremendous impact that leads to true professional fulfilment. The annual salary for this role will be $40K USD per year. If you're interested, we'd love to talk!