UI Design Intern
- 4053 18th St, San Francisco, CA 94114, USA
MyTime is a fully integrated scheduling, payments, and automated marketing platform, specializing in large multi-location chains and franchises. Our mission critical software -- which includes in-store scheduling and online booking, client record management, email and SMS marketing, and a full point of sale for handling payments -- is used in every aspect of the customer journey. Our customers rely on their service businesses to remain competitive in the age of Amazon, and they need a next generation POS to help them achieve this growth. We aspire to be the “operating system” of their business.
We also made it easy to plug our online booking, payments and messaging capabilities into the places customers are found today, including Google Search, Facebook, Instagram, and the merchants’ own websites and mobile apps. Upon adopting MyTime, our customers see average revenue growth of up to 30% through improved operational efficiency, greater customer retention, and access to new customer acquisition channels.
Our product is used at over 14,000 locations across the globe, ranging from single-location sole proprietors to multi-billion dollar Fortune 500 chains. As a completely cloud-based solution, MyTime is designed for quick and easy deployments. It’s lauded for its ease-of-use and short ramp-up time, having won numerous awards such as the Best Commerce Product of 2017 from the Local Search Association.
MyTime is backed by Upfront Ventures and Khosla Ventures and was founded by Ethan Anderson, a successful serial entrepreneur whose first startup, Redbeacon, won TechCrunch50 in 2009 and was acquired by The Home Depot.
Come help us realize our vision of becoming the world’s leading online scheduling and local commerce platform!
UI Design Interns work with our Senior UX/UI Designer to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals, and user experience on Web, iOS and Android.
This is a great opportunity to build a diverse portfolio with a fast growing SAAS startup in San Francisco! Your final designs will be sent to engineering and immediately implemented and used by thousands of business customers and millions of consumers!
In this role, you will be expected to:
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering as well as design QA prior final deployment.
- Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
- Present and defend designs and key milestone deliverables to peers, executive level stakeholders and major enterprise-level clients.
- Follow internal design guidelines, best practices and standards.
Please note this is a 40 hour per week paid position and can last from 6-12 months. Depending on company needs and applicant's success in the role, it may be lead to a full time role at the end of the internship.
- A recent graduate or Senior student with a bachelor or masters degree in Graphic Design, Illustration, Visual Design, UX Design, Human-Computer interaction, or a related field
- An online portfolio showing multi-platform, stand-out work that demonstrates the ability and desire to create many more
- Ability to create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps.
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, or Sketch
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction.
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
MyTime provides a competitive salary and a transparent and exciting startup culture that is singularly focused on empowering people to make an impact in their jobs. This position can be remote but must be in one of the US time zones.