Graphic Designer and Illustrator- Freelancer
- Maple Ave, Kitchener, ON N2H, Canada
Lovell Corporation is an award-winning global youth consultancy and innovation firm that helps organizations adapt to the changing workforce and bridge the gap to the next generation.
A proponent for public-private sector collaboration, we service both businesses and policymakers–providing strategy, training and market research insights for organizations to adapt to the changing workforce and foster youth-led innovation.
Our talent development strategies emphasize civic engagement and multi-sector collaboration as a solution to bridging opportunity gaps between generations and marginalized groups.
Since the release of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), Lovell has been an active champion–incorporating the SDGs into our innovation frameworks and policy discussions–with both public-private sector stakeholders and the young people we serve.
Job Description: The Experienced Graphic Designer is responsible for working with members of the marketing and communications team to create and deliver digital and printed marketing materials for our upcoming books. Designing the covers and book layout pages within our company branding and working closely with our Marketing Team.
The designer is responsible for producing designs that get our companies messages across with high visual impact. They will work on a variety of projects, including marketing, branding, advertising, social media accounts and websites.
The designer must be a self-starter, work well under pressure, and must have the essential skills in graphics and typography; must have an innate creative sense, and confidence in their abilities and computer skills; expected to keep up to date with the latest trends in the industry; ability to present and explain ideas to colleagues is an asset.
What you will be doing:
Design the Book Covers, and page layouts:
- Perform graphic design duties as needed related to the books, covers, and design inside
- Prepare files and graphics for websites and social media
- Assist with website design concepts
- Contribute to brainstorming activities with the team
- Follow art direction and brand guidelines
The ability to come into the Kitchener office for meetings would be an asset.
Our ideal candidate is: A Graphic Designer and Illustrator with several years of experience -Excellent proficiency in Graphic Software programs - Previous graphic experience designing books - Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Creative strategic thinking, organizational and negotiation skills - Team player; collaborator, working together under pressure and meet deadlines
- Expertise in adapting design ideas across multiple platforms (print and digital)
- Ability to export graphic assets in different formats properly (jpg, png, eps, SVG)
- A strong portfolio showing different types of digital and print work
- A keen eye for aesthetics and details
- Must be current and knowledgeable of typical Office software (Word, PowerPoint)
- Ability to understand the brand visually and convey that in all aspects of the work
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills; able to produce high-quality work with short notice and under a tight timeline
Please include links of your portfolio for consideration.
Please send a cover letter and resume and include samples or a link to your porfolio,
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted candidates.