Finance and Account Manager at Mutual Benefits Microfinance Bank
- 10 Apapa Rd, Ebute Metta, Lagos, Nigeria
Mutual Benefits Microfinance Bank Limited is a leading Microfinance bank with its corporate head office at 10 Apapa Road, Oyingbo, Ebute-metta, Lagos.
From inception the bank has tirelessly set the pace for other Microfinance financial institutions to follow; in terms of service quality, product functionality and exceptional customer service. The bank is strategically positioned to offer financial services support to small and micro-enterprises in Nigeria. Since commencement of its operation, the bank has grown from its humble beginning to a mid size microfinance bank making it among the best microfinance bank in Nigeria however the aim of the bank is to be among the best in Africa.
Within the two years of commencement of business activities the bank has expanded from its corporate head office to have seven branches which are strategically located within mainland and the island.
The Bank prides itself as a promise keeper to its numerous customers and has been able to endear them by keeping all promises made especially in the area of loan disbursement.
We are currently recruiting highly experienced professional to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance and Account Manager
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Reporting to: Managing Director
- Prepares the Management account and Key Analysis
- Prepares the CBN Returns before the deadline date
- Prepares returns to Industrial Training Funds (ITF)
- Authorizes Postings into Different GLs
- Review and authorizes memo for expenses
- Attending to audit engagement
- Attending to Tax audit exercises
- Prepares the Annual Returns Filing to Lagos Internal Revenue Service
- Attending to ITF examination engagement,
- Drive the company’s financial planning
- Perform risk management by analyzing the organization’s liabilities and investments
- Decide on investment strategies by considering cash and liquidity risks
- Control and evaluate the organization’s fundraising plans and capital structure
- Ensure cash flow is appropriate for the organization’s operations
- Supervise all finance personnel (controllers, treasurers etc.)
- Manage vendor relationships
- Prepare reliable current and forecasting reports
- Set up and oversee the company’s finance IT system
- Ensure compliance with the law and company’s policies
- Manage team of Finance analysts.
- BSc/BA in Accounting, Finance or relevant field;
- MSc/MBA is an added advantage
- Membership of Strong Accounting Professional Bodies (ICAN, ACCA)
Requirements: Experience & Skills
- Proven experience as Finance and Account Manager, Financial Controller or relevant role
- Minimum of 8 years of thorough finance background (3 of which must be as a CFO in MICROFINANCE BANK)
- In depth knowledge of corporate financial law and risk management practices
- Advanced Financial Reporting.
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methods
- Must be an advanced user of Microsoft Excel package
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Words
- Ability to strategize and solve problems
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Excellent communication and people skills
- An analytical mind, comfortable with numbers
- Problem Solving Abilities
- Leadership Skills and Strategic Vision.
- Cash Management, Financial Accounting and Corporate Finance Competence.
- Strong Work Ethic