State Loan Operators at Mutual Benefits Microfinance Bank Ltd.
- 10, Apapa Road,, Oyingbo, Lagos, Nigeria
Mutual Benefits Assurance Plc. (MUTUAL), has evolved into a conglomerate consisting of value-adding companies with diverse interests in various sectors of the Nigerian economy through investments, strategic alliances and partnerships. Today, MUTUAL is a leading brand in the Nigerian Insurance industry and well-capitalized with a team of highly trained professionals, a respectable Board and access to the International Insurance Market.
MUTUAL is the flagship of insurance in Liberia and also runs a full-fledged insurance operation in Republic of Niger, where we commenced business in January, 2014.
At MUTUAL, we pride ourselves in delivering excellent services to all our stakeholders.
One of our subsidiaries in the financial services industry is recruiting highly experienced professional to fill the position below:
Job Title: State Loan Operator
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
The Role of a Loan Operator will report to the review officers of the Public Sector of the company. His/her major responsibility is to book all the company’s retail loan product and the asset products in his/her State.
The specific and general functions of the State Loan Operator are as stated below:
Marketing and Sales Management:
- Determining the risk level of every application.
- Authorizing an initiated application.
- Follow up on authorized transactions till disbursement stage.
- Ensuring customer(s) satisfaction at all time.
- Deciding on the loan amount based on the Debt-To-Income-Ratio.
- Managing of turn-around-time (TAT) on any requests.
- Attending to customer(s)request, enquiries and complaints.
- Verifying the authenticity of customer(s) documents.
- Initiating loan for customer(s) within 12 hours.
- Following up the initiated loans till disbursement stage within 12 hours.
- Ensuring customer(s) satisfactory.
- Reporting of daily transactions to the appropriate departments
Budget & performance Management:
- To ensure all loans with complete documentations are treated within the stipulated TAT at the State Level.
- Controls expenses to meet the state budget.
- Provides timely feedback (daily, weekly, monthly and Quarterly reports) to the Head of Credit when required.
Risk Management and Capacity Development:
- Ensure the State NPL and PDOs are within set thresholds and always below company’s average.
- Ensures adherence to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes are communicated within the team in the states
- Ensure that He/she meet and/or exceed their monthly target.
- Maintains contact with key decision makers within the state to ensure high levels of client satisfaction and business continuity.
- Manage internal relationship within the state
Leadership and Capacity Building:
- Delegate authority and responsibility with accountability and follow up.
- Set examples for others in areas of personal character, commitment, organizational and selling skills and work habit.
The minimum entry requirement for this role is:
Education: A good HND/Bachelor’s degree in social science field, professional qualification in a related field will be an added advantage.
Experience: Minimum of 2 years of experience in sales or similar roles.
Skill, Knowledge and Abilities:
Excellent selling and interpersonal skills
Ability to work independently and within a team
Proven leadership skill.
Must have strong communication and relationship management skills.
Must be able to prioritize responsibilities.
Must demonstrate high level of initiative, creativity and ability to think outside the box.
Strong understanding of Public Sector Business.
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements.